Absolutely Altinkum's very own Columnist.

by Ronsgame 13 Feb 2008, 15:40
I shall be posting my first little offering this evening (all being well).

Veronica

Veronica

Live Simply. Love Generously. Care Deeply.

by gina 13 Feb 2008, 17:07
We will look forward to it

Best Regards Geoff and Gina

Best Regards Geoff and Gina

by Ronsgame 13 Feb 2008, 17:44
This makes a change. At least I do not have to make sure my news piece gets into the office on time. A few people have stated their interest in my doing a column for the Forum and this I am willing to do. Hope you enjoy it.

This week has been a week of cold, sun, power cuts (what else?) and me starting on my Nutron Diet, once again. Over the past week I have lost six pounds, it always seem to be the best when one starts a diet. Will probably slow down now.

This morning (Wednesday) the electricity went on and off and on and off - five times. It reminded me of a young couple's love affair, you know, on and off multi-times.

It seems to be the start of the 'growing season'. No, I do not mean flowers or veggies but rather apartments. Where there was once a plot of land, there now stands a well-built section of bricks and concrete blocks. We have a new clothes shop just above the Is Bank on Ataturk Boulevard and next door, the deli has a nice new glass window (a big one). Is this for the tourists or for the residents? Oh, if only I could get into the clothes standing in the window of the clothes shop. No, I do not mean get into them in the window, just get into them period. They would be a better fit for my Granddaughters.

Well, we still have our lovely mud-encrusted roads surrounding us. Do not worry though, we have two very erstwhile and trusty men working on this. These are two of my colleagues from the Mahelle group. George and David will do their utmost to get these problems sorted out. A lot of the roads are a sheer disgrace. I say, finish one job before starting another but, do they do this? NO!! Mind you, at the roundabout near the Jandarma Building we now have bricks coating the road, instead of the 'sunken-cake surface' we used to have to endure. The lorries do not help the road situation but, the Marina has to be built. They are also in the process of 're-doing' the road in front of the Shopping Centre and leading down to Dolphin Square and it seems to be wider now. The workman from the Council DID come along the other week and put down layers of something to help the ruts and bumps in the road near our Complex but now, after the rain it is almost as bad as ever. As I have 'preached' before, I know the Council are stretched in the work they are doing but, please, please, please, can they do one job and finish it off before starting on another. The trouble is, it all takes time and everyone wants THEIR area seeing to now! I used to have a little sign on my desk at work that said <i>"The Impossible we can do immediately, Miracles take a little longer".</i>

The new market seems to be coming along quite nicely. It will be nice for the Turkish Residents of Didim to have a nice new market in which to do their shopping. The surface underfoot at the present one makes pulling shopping trolleys very difficult, not to mention tripping over the broken concrete. For people with cars, I do hope there will be plenty of space for parking. At the moment, it is like playing hide, go seek. If you see a space you get into it quickly, before someone else does.

I now have the luxury of being able to use my laptop anywhere in the Villa. Alan set up my Wireless (WLAN) and I am a new woman. Bet my husband will love that. Most men would love to have a new woman!! Please, no replies from indignant wives.

Did anyone see the news on Tuesday. A lovely Golden Eagle was suffering from cataracts. A vet operated on it and it can now see through one eye. It was so nice to see and hear something lovely on the television, instead of the killing and mayhem we usually get.

Next time I will be asking some Whys - Whats and Wherefores.

Until next week.
Take Care and look after yourselves and your loved ones.

Veronica

Veronica

Live Simply. Love Generously. Care Deeply.

by bobby 13 Feb 2008, 17:59
Read with interest, Thanks for the update Veronica.:)

<font color="red"> Bobby </font id="red">

Bobby

by libby63 13 Feb 2008, 18:09
Thanks Veronica
Enjoyed that. Keep them coming.
Liz

by joolz 13 Feb 2008, 18:14
Veronica - really enjoyed reading this.

Julie x

Julie x

Yesilkent

by jimmy and marg 13 Feb 2008, 18:41
Good reading Veronica. Thanks

Marg:D

Marg n Jimmy

by PJRichards 13 Feb 2008, 18:44
Nice to see youve made a start and keeping up to date with thinks in Tinky[;^)][;^)][;^)]

[;^)]

Pauline

Cahit apartments

by Kelchocolate 13 Feb 2008, 18:47
:)Very interesting read, Veronica.
8)Geoff&

jules

Jules

by largrangegdns 13 Feb 2008, 18:59
What a lovely read. I can just picture the different places you mention in my head. Oh if only I was there!!

Lorraine

Lorraine
Apollon Holiday Village