Absolutely Altinkum's very own Columnist.

by bobby 17 Feb 2008, 22:10
Thanks Veronica

Very interesting , nice to have something new.:) I look forward to reading your postings,:D I'm sure your column is going to be very popular.[;^)]

<font color="red"> Bobby </font id="red">

Bobby

by Ann 18 Feb 2008, 09:51
Fantastic reading, Veronica. Thanks.

I am in the process of doing Graham's family tree and its fascinating. My cousin has already done my side of the family so thought I would see if I could find any skeletons on Graham's side.[;^)]. Just got back to 1715 (7 generations back) but as hubby's family only moved from Derbyshire to Yorkshire in all that time its been pretty easy.

Ann

Ann
Kennethmont
Aberdeenshire

by Akin 18 Feb 2008, 11:30
Great reading, thank you.

Akin & Trisha

Akin & Trisha

by Ronsgame 18 Feb 2008, 14:06
Ann, could you please tell me which site are you using. I subscribed to Ancestry but all I could get back from them were people in the U.S.A and Australia. Now, I do know none of my ancestors were from any of those countries neither did any of them go there (the older generations I mean) so, I cancelled my subscription. I logged onto the B.B.C. but all I am getting now are weekly updates of people who have logged on to the site. Grrr..... frustrating, I mean, I must have ancestors otherwise I could not be here, now would I? (Bet there are a few people who wish I wasn't!!!)

Veronica

Veronica

Live Simply. Love Generously. Care Deeply.

by Ronsgame 18 Feb 2008, 14:12
Nearly forgot. Gina, we COULD start a new fashion, could we not? I mean, if the earrings were both pearls or diamonds (lucky woman) or the same colour, surely we could get away with it. Sometimes, if the earrings are sentimental we do not wish to part with them so, at least we could put them to good use. Anyway, if you see a female walking around Didim this year with two odd earrings in, it could be yours truly and not some silly nutcase.

Veronica

Veronica

by truebluedave 18 Feb 2008, 17:31
really enjoyed that thanks looking forward to the next chapter
Quentin and Denise

by PJRichards 18 Feb 2008, 19:01
Very interesting Veronica. I have one of thos oxo tins and I still use it for my oxo's.
As for our surnames, I do know that Cooper is the name of a man that put the steel rims round beer barrels. Turner was a man that worked with wood so to is Carpenter. Cant think of anymore right now.

Pauline

Cahit apartments

by Ann 19 Feb 2008, 09:23
Veronica

Have sent you an email.

Ann

Ann
Kennethmont
Aberdeenshire

by Ronsgame 19 Feb 2008, 17:31
Chris and Stella - Are you going to go any further back now you know about Mark Twain? It sounds really interesting. I always thought I had Blue Blood in my veins but I discovered it is just red!!

Veronica

Veronica

by Ronsgame 19 Feb 2008, 17:32
Thanks Ann, have your E-Mail.

Veronica

Veronica