Absolutely Altinkum's very own Columnist.

by lynn 25 Apr 2008, 07:18
Well done Veronica, good bit of reading there. I live about 13.5 miles from Blackpool and worked in the resort for 10 years. I know Bela Grove well, I had clients in that area :D

I loved working in Blackpool but I'm afraid it is a case of familiarity breeds contempt because I don't go in to the resort these days. I do go to the retail park on the outskirts (big Matalan there)but I may take the grandkids there this summer, weather permitting.

Lynn :)

by Kelchocolate 25 Apr 2008, 19:36
Good read Vernoica.
8)Geoff&

jules

Jules

by Akin 25 Apr 2008, 20:35
Once again another great read, Thank you

Akin & Trisha

Akin & Trisha

by Ronsgame 27 Apr 2008, 15:31
It's very heartening to read all your comments. Glad I could bring back some lovely memories for some of you. My Great-Aunts used to have a loveLy black dog called 'Tony' and both of us used to go down to Pablo's Ice Cream Parlour for ice cream, go back to the back door-step and sit and eat our cones, one for moi and one for the dog!! It was bought with my spending money (2/6d) from my Aunts.

Veronica

Live Simply. Love Generously. Care Deeply.

Veronica

Live Simply. Love Generously. Care Deeply.

by moggsey 29 Apr 2008, 22:55
Belive it or not St George was a Roman soldier born in Turkey. He never set foot in England but I am sure he did slay some Dragons. May be it would be more apropriate to celebrate in Turkey than England?

All the best Karen and Glynn

All the best Karen and Glynn

by PJRichards 30 Apr 2008, 06:34
Lovely read yet again Veronica. My Mum also used to make pastry that melted in the mouth, mmmmmmmmmmmm Her meat an tater pie was always scrummy[(#)][88][(#)][88] People now days dont seem to 'do it for themselves' bread, cakes, knit, sew. All of these things I did when my kids were little but mums now days dont seem to 'have time'

Pauline Image
Cahit apartments

by tysona 05 May 2008, 19:37
A great read . We just got back from B;lackpool. It is dire need of regeneration. They have made a start but it seems to be taking forever.
Cheers
Tysona