Absolutely Altinkum's very own Columnist.

by Akin 21 May 2008, 19:56
Veronica, once again a thought provoking read. Thank you

Akin & Trisha

Akin & Trisha

by Ronsgame 23 May 2008, 06:44
It's good to know that some people enjoy reading my little epistles, grouches and my view. So, thank you.
!!
Polly love, he went to the hospital here in Didim. As I keep repeating myself to people, if I had finished unpacking the shopping and gone out into the garden, he could have literally bled to death. He could not shout for help. Too graphic, will not go into the details, for (as they say on the television) those of a delicate nature. I could put his photo on here but it seemed to frighten most friends who saw it. As our elder daughter said "Any excuse for some TLC". As if !!

Veronica

Live Simply. Love Generously. Care Deeply.

Veronica

by magi 23 May 2008, 08:09
Enjoyed the read as always...

The staff at the hospital did a great job - Dr Dursuns bedside manner is a bit abrupt
but they looked after him well.

And plenty of TLC he got eh Veronica!
Even if John did object to being under house arrest.

I'm still smiling at John's antics with the radiographer,
and yours with the porter!

Please don't post the photos...its taken me this long to erase the picture from memory

Magi

by Ronsgame 23 May 2008, 08:31
That's why I said about the Delicate Nature. Still find it strange that John does not remember have the x-rays taken. He only remembered from when you were helping him into the house. Imagine, a man forgetting being in a room with two lovely women!!!!

Veronica

Veronica

by lacashajoc 24 Jun 2008, 22:05
Come on Veronica- where is "JUNES" contribution?
ha! ha.
Pat

PAT

by Ronsgame 25 Jun 2008, 10:09
Sorry Pat but I honestly do not know what to 'talk' about at the moment, seeing that I was lambasted for saying something about England, many months ago. I did delete the comments but still am upset that someone could comment, on here, about something that was said in another life. It makes me very wary of saying anything that someone could take exception to, included in what I write even, though it would go under the title of Veronica's Views!!!!

Veronica

Veronica

by carlnsharon 25 Jun 2008, 11:04
Hi Veronica

I totally understand where you are coming from when you say you are wary about putting your views in print. I know that your column gives a lot of people pleasure and I see it as a pause for thought. The problem with airing views on a forum (whether it be a dedicated column or just replying to a general topic) is that it sometimes attracts people who don't know how to have an adult debate. There are always at least two points of view on any issue and we all have to respect this. Although I do not recall the specific instance you are referring to, descending into name calling and personal abuse, etc. (again I am not referring to any specific posting) is not productive and brings the whole forum down.

Please don't let a set back put you off writing your views. I realise that after recent events with John this column must seem insignificant in the big scheme of things but there are people who really enjoy your column and would be sad to see it end. Perhaps it should be preceeded with a paragraph about it being your views and have it locked so no replies can be posted. Or have a paragraph stating that the column is a starting point for a debate on the issues raised in your column.

Carl.

by lacashajoc 25 Jun 2008, 20:23
Veronica you always get one that has to jump in feet first and spoil it for the rest. I would take no notice if i were you, as the majority enjoy reading your views.
Pat

PAT

by Ronsgame 26 Jun 2008, 19:37
Many thanks Carl and Pat.
The instance I referred to was from a newish member saying I was berating England by saying I had not lived there for some years. I never mentioned that in the last column and was extremely annoyed by the reference that I was always going on about my absence from the English Shores. Some people, being new to the Forum, would not know my geographical situations and think I was from England. Enough said now, suffice to say I deleted the postings referring to it. Busy this week-end so will do something next week.

Veronica

Veronica

by lacashajoc 26 Jun 2008, 19:58
Look forward to your next chapter, and will see you soon.
Pat

PAT