Absolutely Altinkum's very own Columnist.

by Ronsgame 28 Sep 2008, 22:32
Well, at least now the weather seems to be getting a little cooler, thus making it easier to sleep at night.

I was thinking the other day, how is it during the Olympics and at Christmas, everyone can live together in harmony and peace. During the Olympics almost every nation in the world competes and lives with one another in perfect harmony. O.K., some competitors take drugs but they usually get found out and are eliminated. Other than this, people of the world live and compete together with no problem. Why can it not work the same way every day outside the Olympics? Someone once said "Why can we not have Christmas every day"?
Corruption and greed seems to be the norm nowadays and it always seems to be mainly the Leaders of countries that are responsible.

The marches for the Dogs will take place in various countries. It is an awful pity that there were not enough of us here in Didim, after all, it is here where the problem is, it's no good letting other people do your work for you. Why have Laws made if they are going to be broken? How would it be if the street children in the South America countries were rounded up and taken somewhere where there was nothing for them and they SLOWLY starved to death. There would be an outcry. Well, this is the way some of us feel about animals. An animal cannot ask for food, they depend on us for kindness and compassion. We have two street dogs here (they have lived outside our Complex for around three years now), and they know us so well that they actually recognise the sound of our car even before they see it. That is how much these two - in their own way - love us. It beggers belief that some people can be so selfish. These dogs are Turkish and were here before a lot of the British people. I wonder what the dogs think of the 'interlopers' who have become their enemies, most times for no reason at all. If people want to 'move' to another country then they should take the bad with the good. To my mind, if people move here and wish to live permanently then they obviously must have paid visits earlier. If so and they were observant, then they should have seen the street dogs, or were they blind to everything except what they themselves wanted to see. For all our friends who live here and are concerned about the animals (not just dogs) please try your best to get to the Jumble Sale on Friday the 3rd of October at Big Ben's Restaurant. It is from Noon to five o'clock.

I wonder what ever happened to the feminine equivalent of a male name. I mean the likes of Manager/Manageress; Headmaster/Headmistress - even Mrs. This title seems to have been reduced to Ms. When this came into being it was a way to show if a woman was divorced. I know I simply hate it if I receive post that is addressed in this manner. Mrs is the derivative of Mistress, a name given many years ago to the married female head of the household. As Mr. used to be Mister. The world does not seem to want to work with words any more. Take the easiest way out, that is the way to go now. Sorry, not in my books., I even text in full !!!!

I watch 'The Bachelor' on the MyMax Channel. Are these men all fake or what? I have noticed that during the course of 'chatting' to the poor females who think they have a chance with the rich bachelor, the men all seem to "Have a Connection with them" or "I really feel at ease with you". Crumbs!! They nearly all have said something very similar. Why can these men not find a wife through the normal means? I know it would mean I would not have a fascinating programme (wondering who would be chosen) to watch but what the heck. Maybe they do not want to spend money paying a Dating Agency. Anyway, that way they would not have such fame and the chance to have so many females to woo - would they?

I have found out; with the help of a girl from the BBC, that my Maternal Grandfather was a Rent Collector and my Great-Grandfather a Stone Mason / Local Baptist Preacher. I have no recollection of ever being interested in Collecting Rent but I admit I do love nice carvings on buildings and also love going into old churches and cathedrals. It does seem that what our ancestors were and where they lived, affects us in some way or other. I must get my musical side from my Paternal Grandfather though. Has anyone else found this to be true, I mean, inheriting 'traits' passed down in the Genes?

What it must be like living in Yesiltepe I cannot imagine. Why can people not go and get a job, instead of trying to 'live' off other poor people who have worked hard all their life, and scrimped and saved. A large baseball bat would be the ideal instrument to produce if confronted by one of these evil sods.
John and I came out of Tansas on Friday and were loading the car with our purchases when an elderly couple (Turkish) came up and the female started to say something. I told her in Turkish that I did not understand her and they went away. John said "They are obviously begging". I agreed with him. Why the hell do they think ALL the non-Turkish people have money to spare. WE DO NOT!! We watched them and they did not go to any Turkish people to ask them for anything. If they were asking for anything else, why pick us two?? In other words, pick on the Foreigners, they have money, and in the case of house robberies, goods they can afford to loose. I know sometimes the Turkish people are robbed and this also, is not acceptable. It is about time the authorities got their act together and did something. It will be a little like the horse going down the lane and the farmer closing the gate - too late. It will be too late also for Didim and surrounding areas when people stop coming here, all because of these robbers and their skulduggery.

Finally, looking at the magazines lately, I wonder what happened to the lovely 'feminine' shoes and lovely handbags. Most of the shoes look very heavy and clumpy, with the handbags looking more like portmanteau than handbags. In some photos, the bags are almost as big as the models carrying them. It seems to me personally that Marks and Spencer have the nicest bags and shoes. O.K., they DO have some biggy ones but most seem to be in the 'dainty' mode. Do not quote me, that is just MY opinion. As the title says - 'Veronica's Views'.

Veronica

Live Simply. Love Generously. Care Deeply.

Veronica

by Babycham 29 Sep 2008, 05:55
I have read the government are giving fines of 500 ytl if people are buying off street children.

They are telling us "not to give." I believe there are posters to deter this practise.

by PaulandKim 29 Sep 2008, 06:31
I have loads of jumble do I take it to Big Bens or give it to someone to sort out first.

Kim x

by joolz 29 Sep 2008, 08:58
A great read Veronica.

Hope all goes well at Big Bens.

Talking of people being fake on TV there was this show 'There's something about..'(her name escapes me) and a long line of men waited their turn to take her out and wine and dine her. At the end of each show she would get rid of one. Eventually she had her winner. He was over the moon to have won......until she said the something about her was she used to be a man! No issue with that but these poor guys had courted her totally unaware and on TV!

Julie x

Julie x

Yesilkent

by Ronsgame 29 Sep 2008, 10:36
Paul and Kim - I have just sent you an E-Mail letting you know where you can take the jumble. If you need anything else just let me know.

Veronica

Veronica

by harriet666 29 Sep 2008, 15:56
i think the name was miriam on that tv show.

by joolz 29 Sep 2008, 16:16
Yes thats right it was. Well done Michelle and Mark!

Julie x

Julie x

Yesilkent

by Ronsgame 29 Sep 2008, 20:59
Will do. It's a pity when our E-mails do not go through on here that we cannot have them stored somewhere so we do not have to TRY to remember what we said. Ah well..... onward and upward.

Veronica

Veronica

by puwer98 29 Sep 2008, 22:20
If everyone put there email address on there profile there would be no need for forum email.

Glynn and Susan Pictures and Didim guide 4u

Moved back to UK on 6th July 2013 after 5 years and a half years.