Absolutely Altinkum's very own Columnist.
by scottie 25 Jan 2012, 21:39
Bill H wrote:
It does bug me sometimes when I read a post that is not gramatically correct..

And any word that is not spelt correctly :roll:

scottie
by sootypaws 25 Jan 2012, 21:45
It do not bother d me as long as I get the gist of what the writer if writing about.... hahaha
by Ronsgame 28 Jan 2012, 16:50
Wow, you really know how to get around that. Are you sure you are not an American? Tomayto, Tomato!!!!

Veronica

Live Simply. Love Generously. Care Deeply.
by steve zeus 28 Jan 2012, 16:59
I would rather see someone having ago and contributes towards posts on the forum, PLEASE don't hold back because of some members remarks to being perfect grammar. By the way Bill H, there is a double M in grammatically. l.o.l :o

Steve & Maxine.
"Zeus Heights"
Altinkum

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"
"gunesteki yerimizi seviyoruz."
by Ronsgame 28 Jan 2012, 17:18
I was just looking through some of the older posts and decided to come out of hibernation - even though it is now Winter and I should be IN hibernation. I suppose some people would say that is where I should be all the time.... Hey Ho, do I care.... NO !!!!

I find it very refreshing when people like Stewart knows the correct use of English - and he is (as he puts it) only thirty-three. I grew up in Accrington which is (or was) a real 'broad-accent' town. Still, I remember to this day the way I was taught in school as our teachers knew themselves what they were teaching. They needed the money but at least they knew what they were doing, unlike today when it seems to be, get to the end of the day and bother what you have taught the children. (I HATE the American word KID.) Baby Goat - very appropriate for some I should think. If I wanted to I suppose I could write in Text but that, as far as I am concerned, is very bad manners. I do not even text in abbreviations, nasty. When some people on here write their (NOT there) thoughts and ideas, I cannot understand them so just pass them by, thus wasting that person's time in writing it. As someone said Veronica and Thelma would correct peoples' bad English but I have not seen Thelma on here for some time and I do hope she is in good health - also Roy, her husband. Closing now..

Veronica

by Ronsgame 28 Jan 2012, 17:23
Steve, my dear love. A GO....... CONTRIBUTE NOT CONTRIBUTES. Being Perfect Grammar.????
It's not the grammar it is also the spelling!! :cry: :cry:

If people checked what they had written it would be fabulous.

Sorry - I really am your friend. xxxx

Veronica

by steve zeus 28 Jan 2012, 17:26
Luv u 2 Veronica....C none of us are purrfect l.o.l.....XX According to the English Dictionary...CONTRIBUTES is an alternative word to use in the sentence of my quote ........thesaurus states you can use either. l.o.l.sorry.

Steve & Maxine.
"Zeus Heights"
Altinkum

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"
"gunesteki yerimizi seviyoruz."
by Ronsgame 28 Jan 2012, 17:31
Must be your Welsh Accent dear boy!!!

Do not abbreviate again or I will send you to the Headmaster's Office.

Veronica

by janice 07 Feb 2012, 20:56
if i had read this thread before i dont think i would have posted on here.it is like being told of by the school teacher. not everybody is that good at proper english
by TraceyandBaz 07 Feb 2012, 21:01
It doesn't matter to me what spelling mistakes are made. It's the taking part in the Forum that counts and I agree Janice, all this will put Members off from posting.

Tracey