A forum for boats, boating and all matters of a nautical nature.
by WeLoveAltinkum 18 Feb 2009, 23:43
We are seriously considering buying a small boat. Does anyone know of one for sale? What are the running costs for mooring etc? and how much does it cost to take out of the water over the winter? Any information would be great. Thank you.
by steve zeus 19 Feb 2009, 18:42
Hi,
I have two boats in the U.K.I am the same as you, I would like to have one in Altinkum, I have had a Quote of £900 to ship my RIB over, I am still looking to do that as an option, but looking at any legal issues and formost perhaps tax implications for bringing it in to a foreign country. Last week when I was in Altinkum walking back to the main Road from the Market I saw a shop selling boats simular to a wyth about 4.40 mts in lengh with Yamaha 4 stroke out-boards...you have not mentioned size or price which is a main factor in purchasing, I have been told that there is no cost to using or launching a small craft in Altinkum, but somewhere to keep it when not in use and winter storage would be an aditional cost if there was no room at your property to keep it.

Steve & Maxine.
"Zeus Heights"
Altinkum

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"
"gunesteki yerimizi seviyoruz."
by valhaler 24 Feb 2009, 21:26
Hi I have a boat in yesilkent, you can launch your boat almost anywhere without charge in Altinkum and surrounding areas, The main problem with owning is the tax issue, you pay tax on the engine size and not the boat. You can have an engine under 10hp and you are
not required to pay tax, however if you go over 10hp then obviously the bigger the engine the more tax you have to pay. I am not sure what the amount is now as it may have gone up but at the end of last year it was 33ytl per 1 hp so if you had a 25hp engine you would pay the tax at 25hp x 33ytl. There is also issues with licences, as no matter what size of boat you have you need to have a boat licence in Turkey. (not like the UK). Also boats with engines over 10hp have to be registered with the various authorities to enable them to collect the required taxes, for this you require a residency visa as well. Its is a lot of paper work and hassle if your not carefull. It really depends on what size boat and engine you want Hope this helps.

Alan & Chez
by Pete Jones 27 Feb 2009, 19:11
Hi Allan,do you know where to go to get this info about boat licences,tax etc?
by steve zeus 27 Feb 2009, 19:33
Alan,
Are you saying that you can,t own and run a boat in Altinkum unless you are resident.
if you are,I can,t see my self wasting any more time as I was considering having my Rib shipped over, I am unable to see a way out of this if the above is correct...you could not even register the boat in some-one else,s name as the insurance,taxs etc would have to be in the name of the owner and I would not like the idea of signing ownership over to another person. I have a Rib-eye 4.10mts with a 25hp yam E.L.P.T.O. which is used as a tender to our big boat in the U.K.Any more advice would be much appreciated.
Thanx Steve.

Steve & Maxine.
"Zeus Heights"
Altinkum

by danandgwen 27 Feb 2009, 20:49
Hiya Steve, I have been told that if you bring a boat from the UK it can only stay in Turkish waters for the same legnth of time you can have a car in the country because it is a mode of transport!
I believe it is 90 days.

Danny,
Mavisehir (one day)
by steve zeus 27 Feb 2009, 21:45
Hi Danny
Thanks for that information,which I find not very encouraging, I notice that you are still located in the U.K.What do you intend doing?,and formost what are my options, as I love my boating.

Steve & Max.

Steve & Maxine.
"Zeus Heights"
Altinkum

by Keith 27 Feb 2009, 22:33
Moved this thread into our new forum. :D

Keith
by danandgwen 28 Feb 2009, 17:19
Hiya Steve and Maxine, our house in the UK is for sale and as soon as we sell it we will move to our villa in Mavisehir.
I was going to bring a boat out with me when we drive over to stay, I was informed that you can only bring one form of transport into Turkey, car and boat=2, stupid rule but there you go.
I was going to get a 90hp engine for a 7mtr powerboat but there is no way I am going to spend over a grand a year in tax.
I will have to do a little research and see what I come up with.
I will post what I find on hear. :D

Danny,
Mavisehir (one day)