A forum for boats, boating and all matters of a nautical nature.
by leylaasena 05 Jul 2009, 12:06
Guess what I saw yesterday while we were sailing ?

A turtle!!!
I still haven't seen the pod of dolphins that live near the island or any pelicans but I did see the turtle.
He was about dustbin lid-sized and swimming just below the surface but in the opposite direction.

We turned round as quick as poss- not that easy when you have sails- and I grabbed my camera but we lost him or else the sight of me in my cossie frightened him and he dived for cover !!!

He was in the open water between the island and the marina and heading for Altınkum.

I was really pleased.It made my day.

Bev
xx
by sarahloo 05 Jul 2009, 12:10
ahhh turtles are a lovely site, we have been very fortunate & dived with quite alot of them, they are a very photogenic creature & let you snap away..... :D

sarah & elvis
by lovetotravelinstyle 05 Jul 2009, 12:17
How Lovely!! :)

Tracey Image

WHEN GIRLS DRINK TOO MUCH............

WE BELIEVE THAT DANCING WITH OUR ARMS OVERHEAD AND WIGGLING OUR BUTT
WHILE YELLING 'WOO-HOO!' IS TRULY THE SEXIEST DANCE MOVE AROUND
by tamrown 05 Jul 2009, 12:29
Nice one Bev. I read on the internet somewhere that they used to nest on Altinkum beach years ago.

Ian & Jan
by bolton 05 Jul 2009, 12:45
We saw one when we were out on a boat heading from Marmaris to Dalyran on our way to the mud baths. We were told that we might not see one as they don't usually appear during the day but we were lucky and they are beautiful creatures. :D

Sheila and Billy
by Lyn 05 Jul 2009, 13:37
We holidayed in Patara some years ago (where Father Christmas/St.Nicholas originated) and everyone had to be off the beach by I think it was 6:30 in the evening due to the turtles coming to the beach to lay their eggs. I think they were Green Leatherbacks but I could be wrong there. never saw one anyway. :?

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.