A forum for boats, boating and all matters of a nautical nature.
by Beldibi 24 Mar 2010, 12:56
I do not think that you would have a problem.
The contract runs from May to May, 365 days. Or you can contract daily, weekly, monthly. There is also free mooring for small boats, just at the end of the wharf. The fee is based on the size of the boat.
I keep her there all year, apart from taking her out to Marmaris Yat Marina, for a spring service and anti=foul.
In the case of a smaller boat, you would simply put her on the trailer. Where you would park her would depend on your circumstances, but the marinas all have hard standing, Which for a small boat would not be terribly expensive.

David
by leylaasena 26 Mar 2010, 00:12
arthurcalland wrote:Hi Bev,

Thanks for that input. Can I get a private mooring, or do they cost megabucks?

Some boatyards in the UK offer private moorings/berths and can be quite reasonable, but other places you have to buy the mansion to get the mooring.

Thanks Bev and best wishes,

Arthur
:)

Hi Arthur
Our moorings are part of the estate we live on so we don't pay anything extra for them -only our site maintenance fees.
Hubby chose carefully when we bought our house !!!!!

You don't quite need a mansion but you do need a house on the estate to keep your boat here.

Yeşilkent may be an option for you - a lovely area with a mix of old and new properties with 2 or 3 lovely beaches where you could just throw in a weighted buoy a bit offshore and anchor for nothing.You'd have to take her out in winter tho to be 100% safe.

Marmaris is beautiful but 3 hours drive from here.We bought our boat from there.
You could check out the Council moorings at Akbük,the next resort down the coast from here .They're very reasonable I've heard but still not 100% safe during the winter storms so you'd still need to trailer her if poss.

Bev
xx
by joshelen 03 Feb 2011, 19:52
Evening,
anybody brought out a dinghy to Turkey? If so how much did it cost to ship it out? If not any advice where I might get a quote.
by steve zeus 03 Feb 2011, 20:18
Danny, I know you have a RYA, Power Boat level 2, and Day Skipper, the same as myself....do you have to have these courses under your belt to helm a boat in Turkey?, I can't remember as it is a long time ago since I looked into this.
I also looked into taking my R.I.B. over from the u.k last year, it would have cost over £1000, then my passport would have been stamped with the boat details, and when I left Turkey the boat would have had to come back home to the U.K with me, the same principle as a car,so it was not a good idea, and did not bother.A boat is also classed as a mode of transport in Turkey, and you pay a yearly tax on the h.p of your out-board or inboard engine,the price is calculated according to it's CC.

Steve & Maxine.
"Zeus Heights"
Altinkum

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"
"gunesteki yerimizi seviyoruz."
by steve zeus 03 Feb 2011, 22:12
Great link, thanks Kev for sharing ;) and loads cheaper than u.k.

Steve & Maxine.
"Zeus Heights"
Altinkum

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"
"gunesteki yerimizi seviyoruz."
by altinkum kev 04 Feb 2011, 12:16
Anyone out there know what you are allowed to use without any certificates from RYA etc,and what taxes are for the HP of engine,for instance am i allowed to use 6 mt boat with 70hp engine and if so what will i have to pay the authorities.
looking into doing my RYA power boar part 2 in Bodrum or even fly back to UK if i have to.

by markie b 04 Feb 2011, 13:27
what rules are there for jet skis and is there any tax?
by leylaasena 04 Feb 2011, 15:56
altinkum kev wrote:Anyone out there know what you are allowed to use without any certificates from RYA etc,and what taxes are for the HP of engine,for instance am i allowed to use 6 mt boat with 70hp engine and if so what will i have to pay the authorities.
looking into doing my RYA power boar part 2 in Bodrum or even fly back to UK if i have to.

As far as I know you need an RYA Certificate of Competence to use any boat with an engine.

Taxes used to be paid on the engine size -anything over 10hp- but the rules have changed and now it's on the size of the boat.
Ours is 7 metres and we pay 200tl tax per year.

Bev
xx
by Bugsy 04 Feb 2011, 17:15
If the boat is under 5m long you do not need any licences or tax. The boat just has to be registered into your name at the nearest port (Kusadasi or Bodrum-Gulluk) and then you obtain the 'log book' in your name.

If it is over 5 meters you need a Captains licence or equivalent, but there are no stipulations on engine size anymore.

(This information was current in December at Gulluk port when my partner & his friend went to register there boats)