A forum for boats, boating and all matters of a nautical nature.
by steve zeus 29 Oct 2011, 11:41
We are thinking of buying a YAM 3.00 Inflatable Dinghy and taking over to Turkey as hold luggage, firstly has anyone done this, it's not a toy and will take upto a 15hp outboard. We would buy the engine from a Marine Store in Altinkum. The boat packs away into a carry bag with handles, I know I would have to pay excess baggage on it, but would I have any problems getting it through custom control?.Thanks in antiscipation of the above.

Steve & Maxine.
"Zeus Heights"
Altinkum

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"
"gunesteki yerimizi seviyoruz."
by steve zeus 29 Oct 2011, 11:48
Was that by container Dan, or was it an inflatable that packs away in hold luggage on your flight?

Steve & Maxine.
"Zeus Heights"
Altinkum

by danandgwen 29 Oct 2011, 12:01
Sorry Steve, The dinghy and outboard were in the hold well wrapped, a customs guy looked at the outboard, and asked what it was so I showed him a pic, he just smiled and waved me on, The only stipulation for taking the outboard on the plane is that the engine must be completley dry, no fuel or lubricant. I think I should heve been taxed on the outboard but hey ho I wasnt :D

Danny,
Mavisehir (one day)
by steve zeus 29 Oct 2011, 12:26
Thanks Danny, all seems very encouraging, not worried about the outboard as I say will purchase in Turkey.....what did they charge you? if you can remember.

Steve & Maxine.
"Zeus Heights"
Altinkum

by steve zeus 29 Oct 2011, 13:11
Cheers Mate, good price too! ;)

Steve & Maxine.
"Zeus Heights"
Altinkum

by gazzer 29 Oct 2011, 13:20
Surely cheaper to buy one out here...they have them in Tekzen for 900tl

Gary

Loving it here in Bulgaria !!...Here to help if required!!.
by Duke 29 Oct 2011, 13:50
Steve surely anything over 32kilos is a No No????? They state that on the Luggage allowances on the tickets??? I think a call to the airline company would be advisable Before you purchase one mate... Sorry If I sound like teaching a Granny to suck eggs BUT........
Duke

Keep the Faith & To Thine ownself be True!
by steve zeus 29 Oct 2011, 13:55
gazzer wrote:Surely cheaper to buy one out here...they have them in Tekzen for 900tl

Gary

Gary if you have a chance, can you take a pic of one for me to have a look at and stick it on here. ;) thanks.

Steve & Maxine.
"Zeus Heights"
Altinkum