A forum for boats, boating and all matters of a nautical nature.
by lynne 15 Jun 2012, 19:01
Hi All
We are trying to plan a trip over to Kos with an overnight stay,we are here at present but cannot find info on times or wether the ferry is running from Altinkum was told to enquire at the Marina but have been up there both travel places were closed.Can anyone help please??

Lynne + Bill

Thread moved.
Keith
by turkeystew 15 Jun 2012, 19:15
As you have posted this in the 'Good Food and Drink Guide' section, I must say that if you are looking for somewhere nice to have a meal I would recommend the lovely Italian/Greek/Pizza place a short walk from Kos harbour. Unfortunately I don't know the name of it but the staff there are really friendly and the food is great. The restaurant is located on both sides of the avenue. I think its the second turning up to the left after you cross the main road from the harbour.

I am waiting to receive a firm answer from two different ferry companies on whether the service will be running from Altinkum to Kos this year. To be honest, at present, it looks unlikely. I was advised earlier this afternoon by one of these firms that they dont think there will be enough demand this season to make it a profitable venture.

I'll keep you posted.

Stewart
by lynne 15 Jun 2012, 20:07
Sorry wrong topic

Thanks for the rely Stew so it looks like the only answer would be to go to Bodrum by bus and get the ferry from there,any idea of the cost of this??

Lynne +Bill
by turkeystew 15 Jun 2012, 20:30
Yeah, right now that is the only way. The cost of a day trip to Kos via Bodrum by ferry is around 35GBP. The ferry goes from Bodrum every day so I don't think that theres any difference in price if you choose to come back a day or two later. If there is, it will be minimal. The worst bit of the Bodrum run is that you have to leave Didim just after 6AM :o :o :o

How long are you here for? I have been told that I'll receive a definate answer as to whether the catamaran from Altinkum will go by Monday but I'm not holding my breath.

Stewart
by altinkum kev 15 Jun 2012, 20:35
No chance this year it just would not pay for them to set it up, better go Bodrum an d come back when you like.be warned its like a ghost town there as well.

by bolton 15 Jun 2012, 22:30
We went from Altinkum marina last year and the ferry across was okay but the return journey was awful, everyone on board was sick and I actually thought the boat was going to go down. I have been told that the ferry from Bodrum is not as rough a crossing as the one from Altinkum. Does anybody agree with this?

Sheila and Billy
by garymbrock 16 Jun 2012, 12:31
As with any crossing depends on the size of the boat, and more importantly the weather!
by summertime 16 Jun 2012, 17:31
Does anybody know the time for the Ferry from Bodrum to Kos?
Please :D
by lynne 16 Jun 2012, 18:57
We are here till 3 July so no problem we will wait and see if the trip goes from Altinkum,thanks for the help,please let us know if you get confirmation Stew.
Lynne + Bill
by JJH 29 Mar 2013, 15:18
We are hoping to go to Kos by Ferry in May, does anyone know if the ferrys
will be going this year from Altinkum and what month?

Any help would be appreciated as we are visiting relatives and would like to
organise it with them as early as possible.