A forum for boats, boating and all matters of a nautical nature.
by margaritaville 22 Jan 2014, 10:51
Hi, this summer we are doing something a little different.Instead of flying direct to Turkey we are flying first to Athens.From there we take Blue Star ferries to Paros for four nights then Santorini 5 nights before arriving early morning into Kos.Ideally we would like to catch the morning ferry that day over to Bodrum to continue up to Altinkum.However I can only find info about a late afternoon ferry from Kos to Bodrum but there must be one around 09.30am as I know there are day trips both ways.Can anyone give me any info on this please?Also do we just need our passports and new evisa arriving this way?
Thanks.
by Shakespeares 22 Jan 2014, 18:20
Slept on a beach on Paros for a month in 1976, brilliant!

As far as I have information a greek ferry leaves Kos for Bodrum at about 0930 each day, and a passport and visa is fine.
by margaritaville 22 Jan 2014, 22:23
Thanks Shakespeares! 1976 a month on the beach on Paros, sounds wonderful!I used to always go to the Greek islands for my holidays both when I was single with the lads and then when I got married too.In fact when considering buying abroad we looked at Greece first but got a lot more bang for our buck in Altinkum.Got married on Santorini and honeymooned on Paros and Naxos afterwards ten years ago, hence we're going back this summer, now with a couple of kids in tow.
by allycat 22 Jan 2014, 22:42
Sorry can't be of more use to you as we got the afternoon ferry across from Kos to Bodrum a couple of years ago. We then hired a taxi to take us to Altinkum.

Just a thought - the Flying Fish boat might be a cost effective way to get across from Kos to Bodrum, subject to luggage etc.

What a fantastic trip you have planned.

Alison

http://www.norfolkholidayguide.com
Norfolk Holiday Guide caters for all your hotel and holiday requirements. It is a guide for all types of Norfolk accommodation and tourist information.
by margaritaville 23 Jan 2014, 17:46
Allycat do you recall how much the taxi from Bodrum to Altinkum was?Was going to organise a transfer with one of the companies in Altinkum but wondering how it would compare?The transfer would have to come from Altinkum first.
by allycat 24 Jan 2014, 23:00
Sorry margaritaville it was back in 2007 so I don't have any information and it would probably not be relevant now.

I do recall it being expensive though as the port is further on from the airport. It might be cheaper, if you know someone in Altinkum, for them to hire a car and come and collect you.

Alison

http://www.norfolkholidayguide.com
Norfolk Holiday Guide caters for all your hotel and holiday requirements. It is a guide for all types of Norfolk accommodation and tourist information.