All things eating and drinking related
by St Domingo 19 Jun 2013, 21:02
Taxim Bar sells Leffe Blonde & Brown and also Hogarden at 10 tl a bottle which is a nice change. The supermarket near the bus kiosk on the boulevard was also selling Duvel which is a Belgian beer so slowly but surely good beer is on the way.

We are back again next week and can't wait to have an ice cold Leffe in the Taxim watching the world go by :)

nil satis nisi optimum
by allycat 19 Jun 2013, 22:54
Agree Taxim is the place to go for something a little different beer wise.

Quite a few bars sell Tuborg, which also makes a change from the usual Efes.

Alison

http://www.norfolkholidayguide.com
Norfolk Holiday Guide caters for all your hotel and holiday requirements. It is a guide for all types of Norfolk accommodation and tourist information.
by Derekfrizzel 23 Jun 2013, 15:18
I found that imported spirits were 14 lira in Marmaris, which is too dear for me to pay.
All local spirits were 10 lira with an EFES costing 7 lira

Derek Frizzel
by Super Fulham 23 Jun 2013, 15:52
Cheers Derek. Was that a generous helping of spirits or a misery English single? Also did that include a mixer? I'm sure Mamaris is slightly more expensive than Tinky , so hopefully a bit cheaper there.
by Super Fulham 23 Jun 2013, 15:56
Also how much is 14 tl? About a fiver? If its a good healthy amount of booze that ain't too bad, if it's tight measures then a bit pricey. I've turned into a right drink snob in my old age , I used to drink any gut rot if it was cheap enough, now I just can't get on with crap quality booze.
by Derekfrizzel 23 Jun 2013, 18:17
Having been going to both Altinkum and Marmaris in the same year for the past few years now, I always thought that Tinky was a bit more expensive as there is less competition between restaurants and bars.

I am hoping not to pay more when I come over to Tinky in September.

I think you just have to look about the place but the majority of bars and restaurants handed me the price list for drinks and they were very similar.

I DID not go to Bar Street as my son went there last year and ended up paying 27 lira for an EFES!

I will keep tabs on this thread in the hope that the EFES can be bought cheaper

Derek Frizzel
by Super Fulham 23 Jun 2013, 19:10
I went on a day trip once to Bodrum, I'd heard bad things about being ripped off. Anyhow we got hassled to sit down dt a restaurant , I can't remember what scam I'd been told about now, but what ever it was I pointed out I didn't expect it to happen to us, they swore blind it wouldn't . Anyhow come bill time it was about £200 over the top. May I now mention I was on holiday with six or seven of my best mates and our birds, and I'm from an area where we don't take getting mugged off lightly. It was a weird Scenario , as if it was in England the restaurant wouldn't have received a single penny, but we Also realised that if it all kicked off we could end up in a very unpleasant place. Cut a long story short there was load of Turk waiters and us in a bit of a Mexican stand off, but in the end we had the money knocked off and they didn't get a penny in tips.we had already seen it was more expensive than Altinkim and we didn't mind that, but if they hadn't tried to rip us off they'd have probably got a 50 pound tip, but instead they got sweet fa, and loads of customers got put off eating there.