All things eating and drinking related
by ted j 12 Jun 2014, 16:21
I wouldn't dream of eating all the pies then scarpering . I found Tony to be very accommodating , re food when we were there and one of our friends loved his selection of fruit wines (pretty strong stuff)
by rosal 12 Jun 2014, 18:39
I certainly noticed how greedy people were on occasion, without a thought for other diners. One night we hadn't even been given the go ahead to get our food, when some of the first diners were getting up to fill their plates again! They were given short shrift by the girls. Why do people do it. You are always welcome to get more food after everyone has had their first serving and there is enough for everyone if people played fair.

The best thing I heard was that some people had been complaining about the quality of the food that they were taking back to feed their dogs!
by Pete Jones 13 Jun 2014, 09:49
Yes Rosal your quite right I forgot about that,they fill their plates with masses of food and then put it in their bags for their dogs,thats just taking the micky.
People are given the OK to go for the food table by table in the order that they booked,so whoever booked first gets up first etc but looks like some are block booking ahead to always be first.
I'm not sure how they can go about sorting these people out but I will be there again next week.We booked weeks ago so should be near the front this time and I'm looking forward to getting my 6 sausages,6 chicken sishes half a dozen boiled eggs and loads of other stuff on top
by Brian1 13 Jun 2014, 10:54
Went the other week with friends and we was the last table to be called up and noticed the first table that had been called up was coming back with seconds and large portions, :o :o had to wait for sausages and chicken to be done only to find out chicken was under-cooked which could of ended up with food poisoning had we not noticed. :o Dont get me wrong its great value for money but could be better organised with a sign saying wait till last table as eaten or the staff go round the tables and say anybody wanting more then please help your self's. :)

Brian.
by stevewillow 13 Jun 2014, 12:38
to be honest, this has put me off going now.
i hate greedy penny pinchers.
shame really as i was looking forward to visiting for the first time next week in a group of 10 of us.
think i will give it a miss

steve
by Brian1 13 Jun 2014, 12:55
stevewillow wrote:to be honest, this has put me off going now.
i hate greedy penny pinchers.
shame really as i was looking forward to visiting for the first time next week in a group of 10 of us.
think i will give it a miss

steve

Its a shame that its put you of Steve its worth giving it a go, its worth every penny its just the sad greedy few that spoil it for everybody. We will go again when the season quietened down. You couldn't ask for a better host than Marie and her husband great couple red Bar wouldn't be the same without them.

Brian.
by Lyn 13 Jun 2014, 13:22
New update ...

REDs Girly Day is due
Date for your Diary - Saturday 28th June - 12 noon till late .......
Places are limited - so booking essential and will be first come first served !!!

20tl for the day - includes:-
Sun Loungers & Cushions by the sea
Lunch - 2 course - starter & main or main & desert:-
* Cheese Filo Rolls or Homemade Fish Cake
* Fish & Chips or Chicken Shish
* Cheese Cake or Fruit Salad with icecream

With a complimentary glass of Sangria
(ala Jose style)

"Make a Day of it" @ REDs Bar by the Sea - YESILKENT.

* Private Beach - away from the town hustle & bustle
* FULL Menu available all day
* Wide variety of drinks from Guinness to Miller and of course Efes &
Tuborg
* FREE Loungers with cushions and Beach Canopies available for Customers
* Available EVERY DAY!

Table Top @ REDs every Sunday in June (starting the 8th)
FREE Tables - no charge

Next proviso dates:-
- July 13th
- August 10th
- September 14th

Please keep tuned to our FB page for any updates or changes.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by rosal 13 Jun 2014, 16:20
Brian 1 that is exactly what happened to us. We had to wait whilst the chicken was being cooked & yes some was undercooked.
It is unfortunate that these greedy people spoil things. The system for diners to get their food may need a revamp, probably with notices on the table about not going up for more food until everyone has been served.
by debbie 13 Jun 2014, 21:49
We've just got back from reds, 7 of us went and we all said that this was the best food we've had by a mile, huge selection and lots of it, real quality food, we're just sorry we've discovered it so late into our holiday, I also have to mention the girls who couldn't have done more to make us welcome, so well done Reds you have got it so right

d wenham
by Pete Jones 14 Jun 2014, 12:17
Steve dont let the greedy buggas put you off going,they wont stop me I'll be there again next Friday.As Debbie says above they had a great time and Tony and the girls are trying hard to do a good job and my opinion they are succeeding.
Also as a sign of doing different things at a good price look at the advert Lyn has placed above for Ladies Days which I think is a great idea at a great price.But whats wrong with Lads Days ???