All things eating and drinking related
by kevin john pearce 14 Jun 2013, 15:29
must admit, we went to this restaurant & found the portions far too small. we were just glad our teenage son was not with us otherwise he would of needed 2 meals to fill him up.
honest appraisal & we wont be back!
by garymbrock 15 Jun 2013, 11:57
Unfortunately have to agree, it was "same old same old" just abit dearer than most.

Good job we are all different!!! I certainly could not find anything that made it "A Great Meal" on either occasion i've been this last couple of years, on any of the meals. I disagree however with the "meal on the roundabout", when the roads, topped off and tarmac'd, and the car park next to it is finished and not like a gypsy squat, I think their situation as the first run of bars on the stretch down from the marina will give them a good spot. To be fair its alot better than is it called Jaffa's ?? on the corner, a few doors away.
That whole area has not been as nice, since Veranda went and the fair ground survived!!! The people at Family door must be hacked off with the town planners as they get no footfall of significance going by, and really on the headland should have a good situation.
by allycat 19 Jun 2013, 23:40
Gary, I agree with you about hubbie's comment re "on the roundabout". Hardly any traffic goes by and you don't have to sit by the roadside unless you want to people watch.

Have to say though, with a 4 year old to occupy and so little entertainment geared towards children in Altinkum (which really surprised me - lots of play areas in restaurants but there is only so many small slides and baby swings that will keep them happy) we enjoyed the luna park. So we are glad it was saved :D

What I don't understand is why the bars and restaurants do not encourage their customers to rate them on Trip Adviser, offer an incentive to return, try to get Advertorial in Voices or join this forum or others like it. There seems to be limited opportunities for them to promote their business other than walking trade (for example leaflets on the beach are banned) yet they miss the obvious opportunities and fail to think outside the box.

Right that's me off my soap box :)

Alison

http://www.norfolkholidayguide.com
Norfolk Holiday Guide caters for all your hotel and holiday requirements. It is a guide for all types of Norfolk accommodation and tourist information.
by scottie 23 Jun 2013, 19:03
Called in on the way back from the marina last tuesday afternoon, and we were not disappointed with the meal. Good generous portions. The whole place looked to be spotless.
They asked if we would post our thoughts, good or bad, on tripadvisor. Seeing that we missed our dolmus to Imbat, they drove us to our villa.
We'll be back. :D

Scottie