All things eating and drinking related
by emz_30 18 May 2013, 20:46
I would like to recommend the Doganay Restaurant on the Seafront next to Big Ben. I went their with my parents and the food was excellent. We received freshly baked long bread and olives. Then starter we shared a meze which was a very large portion for 3 people but excellent value. Lots of choice for all meals, I like that they have some traditional Turkish food. Then lots of choices for desert I had a waffle with ice cream and chocolate sauce, this was really good. :D
The staff were very friendly and polite, not constantly asking if you would like a drink etc, so definitely worth a visit. A little more expensive than some of the other restaurants on the front, but great food and great service.
They do VIP car service.
by steve b 18 May 2013, 21:08
Think you might mean doleunay restaurant
by ted j 19 May 2013, 07:29
Must agree, the food is really good
Hope their adding up skills have improved from last year though
It took 2 additional attempts to get our bill right
by scottie 19 May 2013, 11:41
You mean, they were not charging enough :o :o :o

Scottie
by ted j 19 May 2013, 13:30
Nice one Scottie, of only!
I wouldn't mind, but normally I wouldn't have checked (yes, I know I always should) but we sat down and I remembered after we'd ordered drinks that I'd not been to the cash machine, so looked at the menu and made sure we had enough cash on us for both the meals and drinks (it was no problem, as we were going back past an ATM on the way to another bar later )

We finished our meals and asked for the bill and when it came, it was 49 lira (should have been 41 lira ), so I called the head waiter over and said it was wrong
Next thing, we got an amended bill for 43 lira, I again called the head waiter over (A lady, who seemed to be the only one with one of those electronic pads) and told her exactly what we'd had and exactly how much it came to

We were greeted with "Are you sure?", so I got out a menu and made her add the meals and 2 drinks up there and then (it came, surprise, surprise, to 41 lira)
by emz_30 19 May 2013, 19:47
well they have some new staff this year so am sure things will be improved :D
by ted j 19 May 2013, 20:02
It could have been a genuine mistake and I am prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt and if opportunity arises this year would give them another go, as the food was really good
by Ken 21 May 2013, 08:54
PJRichards wrote:Or even Dolunay.......

My daughter has just come back, and yes, it has changed it's name.

Ken

KTBFFH