All things eating and drinking related
by debbie 07 Jun 2013, 12:40
We've had a couple of meals here and have been really impressed each time, so we decided to try the chicken madras, not something I would ever do here, and I've got to say it was excellent, and really authentic, will defiantly be back again for more

d wenham
by audrey 07 Jun 2013, 14:07
We've used this bar/restaurant frequently over the last three years and still keep going back for more.... Jason and the boys are great! :D :D :D
by ted j 07 Jun 2013, 16:18
They have a facebook page , just type in shooting star bar
I'll give Jason his due, he does try different acts out , he's a decent guy, have known him for years
by del 07 Jun 2013, 17:19
Where is it ? I like to try new bars when I'm out.
by sbunyip 07 Jun 2013, 18:13
Jason or ufuk has always tried his best to satisfy his customers I am proud to call him a friend he and his staff give superb service to his customers Jeff
by Keith 07 Jun 2013, 18:38
Now here is a question and it is posed out of curiosity rather than a criticism of any kind. Why do Turkish waiters, bar owners, etc, always give themselves alternative 'English' names? I know of no other country where this happens so what is the thinking behind it in Turkey?

Keith
by ted j 07 Jun 2013, 19:51
You know what Keith, that's a damn good question!
I'd never really thought about it before, but there are indeed, quite a lot of Turkish people who also go by English names
I don't know about Jason, but his brother has always gone by "Junior" . The guy from the big nose bar (Think it's Imnam ) introduced himself to us as Eric

The guy we bought through who also owns A Touch of class restaurant near Tuntas beach is called Ergun Kilic, but asked us to call him Eric. When I asked him why once, he said some English people have trouble saying Ergun, so Eric is the nearest name in English (but I don't think it is) . His brother, Yasar goes by Donny and that is easy, when he was younger and had more hair, he looked a bit like Donny Osmond (and I think he sees it as a sort of professional stage name for when he is at the restaurant, as nearly everybody calls him that )
by durham rader 07 Jun 2013, 20:22
i prefer calling Jason Jason than ufuk and we know another one called fartie and scarey . our good friend Freddie is actually called Fikret

RAchel /DERrick. To far North to be English and to far South to be Scottish.
by del 08 Jun 2013, 15:37
Thanks for the the link Tommie