All things eating and drinking related
by ash 01 Aug 2013, 21:33
Hi, I don't often post much these days, but having just returned from 2 weeks in Altinkum I thought I would share our finding.
In 2 bars, one of which is one of our favourites, having been drinking bottles of Efes, I put my chewing gum into the empty bottle I had just finished. When we asked for another couple of bottles, guess what was in one of the bottles? Yes chewing gum!!!!!!
It seems they are filling empty bottles with draught and selling them as new bottled beer!!!
Now I don't know for certain if it was my chewing gum, I hope so!
Therefore I would suggest if a bar serves draught as well as bottles then be careful when ordering bottles. Tear the paper wrapping of the bottle, or ask them to take the lid off at your table?
Please don't ask me to name them cos I won't.
by macs50 01 Aug 2013, 22:23
we think you should name and shame as sounds as though they must not be the cleanest of people also pure rip off,s

Blly/Jackie
by Gill 02 Aug 2013, 06:04
Are you saying this happened to you in 2 different bars? That really is disgusting and if it's happened to you in more than one place then it's a scam that's possibly/probably used in other places throughout the resort. I drink Efes whilst over there, I have no preference to bottled or draught - although on reading this I will start asking for draught only if they have it so that it's served to me in a (hopefully) clean glass.
by dave h 02 Aug 2013, 06:19
This scam goes on in Spanish bars and most probably bars throughout the world. Not much different between draught and bottled prices in Turkey when you buy , so I cannot understand why they are doing this. Happens normally in the large and supposedly reputable bars, obviously to maximise profits.

Dave
by ted j 02 Aug 2013, 07:52
Got to agree with others, name them otherwise what's the point of this thread
I imagine it does go on, but again I say, what's the point of saying it does if the offending bars aren't named , they will simply carry on ripping people off (A thing that I thought forums like this were for , to warn people of exactly WHERE to avoid)
by TraceyandBaz 02 Aug 2013, 07:57
I'm not surprised. Baz always used to hate the Efes whilst in Turkey, but could quite happily drink it in Wetherspoons in the UK. He said it tasted much nicer.

Just as bad as the Shop that was filling bottles of water from the hosepipe and then resealing them and selling them on. One of the long standing Members on here actually saw them doing it and posted the story.

Tracey