All things eating and drinking related
by Juco 02 Aug 2013, 20:48
Maybe ash would be prepared to name them if you pm.

For me the bar is irrelevant but in future I will scratch the label on the bottle no matter where I drink as I have never thought of that scam before.

Juco
by ash 02 Aug 2013, 20:51
John,
With respect, I know for sure that some of the bar owners and staff have access to this forum, if they read this topic then they will be know that we are aware of this practice.
If a few members are grateful for being warned then I feel justified in posting, I don't want any bars to lose business, I just wanted to make people aware.
by kevlyn 02 Aug 2013, 21:12
I often thought the draught was watered down compared to the bottles of Efes bought in the supermarkets.
by lottie 02 Aug 2013, 21:23
Thanks for the info Ash..

No matter if you scratch off the label or put tissue in the bottle surely they will have bottles that have already been used and are not necessarily the ones that you have returned. Best practice would be if you asked them to open the bottle in front of you, or better still drink the tuborg and take off the pull ring yourself..

I know we should be able to go out and enjoy ourselves without having to worry about such matters really stinks!!!

If it was me and it was a bar i went to all the time i would have given them the bottle back with the chewy in same as if that happened at home..
by johnnetplus 02 Aug 2013, 21:46
Ash,
The bars which do this know they do it!

The members of this forum do not. There is the difference.

So by naming them all parties are aware rather than a few. That way AA members can be 'informed'. Do you really think by naming them you will stop them?

Kind regards John
by Juco 02 Aug 2013, 22:09
Do you really think by naming them you will stop them?

Maybe not John but have you ever been at the receiving end of their hostility for daring to say something against them and then because you have a property you are committed to live the experience for years to come. Some can take it and stand up to it and are not intimidated but we are all are different, I wont mention names but even some of the Turks have been beaten up for speaking out, they dont take criticism lightly.

Juco
by oldfogy 03 Aug 2013, 00:39
Don't know which is worse, advertising 'Bottle Water Ice' which was actually tap water or drinking out of a bottle that not only someone else has had their lips wrapped around (herpes and all) but quite often people also drop cigarette ends into the empty bottle, apart from spitting back into the bottle as they drink.
But ripping labels will not make any difference what so ever.

I suppose on a positive point, the bottle you had previously used was given back to you, but what about when ordering another bottle before finishing the one you have, then you are drinking back what others have left in and on the bottle, euk
by christella 03 Aug 2013, 05:00
I warned last year on this forum about a waiter in pasha over charging in akbuk it was the worse thing I had done somebody went and told them it was me one of the members on here in fact there were at least 3 I could name
in fact in another posting I called somebody a dick head and got a warning from Keith but he was one of the ones who told pasha

malcolm wrote:
christella wrote:
pasha is the same
well i use the Pasa regularly and have never ever been ripped off and i am sure Donna and Serdar will horified to here what you say and have no doubt if they find the culprit they will deal with them ,i will make them aware of your accusation
so you did tell them one way or another

bowling is like sex you dont have to be any good at it but you really enjoy it
by ted j 03 Aug 2013, 06:45
Now I always thought that members on here were not supposed to tell any non members about any forum activity , so surely snitches are breaking forum rules
by christella 03 Aug 2013, 07:24
yes you right and appropriate action was taken but it was too late we don't go in there now it was the waiter that was at fault I stated very clearly that none of the other staff were involved its a shame we were good friends with all of them and it was not only Malcolm there were a few more who could not wait to go in and have there say
that's why I am so against Ash naming the bar because some body will walk in and say guess what I have just read on AA

bowling is like sex you dont have to be any good at it but you really enjoy it