All things eating and drinking related
by debbie 24 Aug 2013, 22:15
Can anyone tell me please if any of the supermarkets sell bags of frozen prawns, also cans of coconut milk???

d wenham
by Jan 25 Aug 2013, 06:16
You can get both these items in the 'cash & carry' shop behind Migros :D
Jan
by colinA1 25 Aug 2013, 08:12
Is that the one adjacent to Café La Plaza on the corner of Ege Road?

Colin

Colin and Linda
by Jan 25 Aug 2013, 15:04
Yes Colin that's the one ;)
by debbie 25 Aug 2013, 15:25
Thank you, will try and find it next month

d wenham
by Ronsgame 25 Aug 2013, 15:55
You can buy the Coconut Milk in Migros and I am sure they have the Prawns in the Frozen Food Section.

Veronica

Live Simply. Love Generously. Care Deeply.
by Bugsy 26 Aug 2013, 07:30
And if you are at the beach end of town, the same Cash & Carry have a shop in the parade of shops with the supermarket (Pehlivanoglu).
They also stock these items, along with all the usual english goodies - Pork/Bacon/Duck, Sauces and some Imported Beers/Ciders.
Heading down Ataturk Boulevard towards the beach, it is on the right hand side.
by debbie 26 Aug 2013, 09:56
Thanks for that, I know where you mean, will have a look when we're there next month

d wenham
by Pete Jones 26 Aug 2013, 11:28
Just as a word of caution,the frozen prawns you get in the cash + carry on Attaturk have to be deviened before you can use them.
I was in Carrefoure yesterday and they had prawns (karides) in the chiller cabinets and also some marked Jumbo Karides so might be worth a look.They are in the stand up chiller cabinets along the back wall with all the veg,pizza's etc
by jus 27 Aug 2013, 13:13
Pete Jones wrote:Just as a word of caution,the frozen prawns you get in the cash + carry on Attaturk have to be deviened before you can use them.

What is deveined>? Is it like having your varicous veins out? Mystified!