All things eating and drinking related
by webb89 08 Aug 2014, 16:17
Anyone recommend a really good place for Pide in Didim.

Not pizza but genuine Turkish Pide. Had one of the best ever in Istanbul recently at a place called Oz Karadeniz like to try and replicate it! ;)
by annabelle 08 Aug 2014, 19:38
There's lots of places in Town to get a good Pide at least there was 3 years ago when I last went :) Ann
by mike320 09 Aug 2014, 08:24
Azum pide . altinkums best kept secret!! by the park in town.
by annabelle 09 Aug 2014, 09:01
Hi Oldfogy
No we have never lived in Turkey and Sold our Apartment in Altinkum over 3 years ago .
We still go to Turkey each year for one of our holidays but we enjoy trying different Areas .
Mike that's the best one by the park but couldn't remember the name :D Ann
by louie 10 Aug 2014, 11:21
Goldstar opposite McDonalds,.... Saray next door but one to Goldstar.....Seyhan BBQ restaurant opposite Carrefour...all on Ataturk I am sure others will point you in the direction of other ones they know these are ones we have tried and like. Goldstar and Saray do takeaway and deliver. Hope you enjoy, I love a pide not too keen on pizza unless crust very thin

Kath :)
by chewy 11 Aug 2014, 12:46
Karçiçegi Restaurant in the harbour is very good. Also Anadolu Sofrasi near Migros in Yenisihar.

Most standard Turkish restaurants are pretty consistent in my opinion.

Phil
by PJRichards 12 Aug 2014, 05:34
We came out of HSBC and just round the back of if was a Quaint little place that served the most delicious original Turkish food.
Isn't it arranged his you find things when you are leaving........lol
by webb89 12 Aug 2014, 08:41
Quote:

We came out of HSBC and just round the back of if was a Quaint little place that served the most delicious original Turkish food.
Isn't it arranged his you find things when you are leaving........lol

Must check that one out next time I waste half a day queuing in HSBC!

Bit confused by last line of your post though.

Thanks everyone for replies. I never think of Goldstar as Pide restaurant but guess it is. Anadoulou sofrasi is fantastic love the place.
by louie 12 Aug 2014, 10:28
Goldstar do more Turkish than European food, soups are lovely, great place for day time quick snacks as well as night time full meals...it's also open 24/7

Kath