All things eating and drinking related
by Pete Jones 06 Sep 2014, 08:19
My mate and I went to the Upstairs restaurant for a meal last night because we'd heard some good reports about it which proved to be corrrect.
We had an excellent 3 course meal for 157 lira and 40 lira of that was for 4 Efes (10 lira a pint)
My starter was Chicken Sigorta served with shredded pickled cabbage and carrot with a bowl of soy sauce,followed by grilled lamb skewers (shish) with chips and veg rounded of with ice cream ( 3 different flavours ) My mate had the same starter,a steak which he said was excellent and fruit salad dessert.
The only thing I wasnt keen on was the main courses are all served on wooden platters.This can be a hygene problem because sharp steak knives leave score marks and if the platters are not scoured thoroughly bacteria can collect in the score marks.
The service was very good,the waiters all spoke English and were on the ball so all in all a very good night and highly recommended. Bookings can be arranged on 0256 813 77 77.
The setting is nice and quiet with a good view over the Marina from the terrace and a gentle breeze kept it nice and cool.When we left the place was very busy so it looks like its getting a good reputation.
When you go through the Marina main gate ,turn left at the 1st roundabout and head for the block of shops and its at the far end just before the Key - F restaurant.
by debbie 06 Sep 2014, 08:31
I agree, I don't think you can beat upstairs, it's my favourite, we've had some lovely meals there, I also have concerns about food being served on wood and ask for a plate. I also think their prices are really reasonable, I had the chicken ceaser salad last time which was gorgeous. Pete do you know if Reds are still doing the curry and barbecue nights??

d wenham
by Bugsy 06 Sep 2014, 11:24
Would also agree with this - very nice food and reasonable prices.
I too was concerned about mine being served on a board as it was a chicken breast covered in a gorgeous Thai Curry Sauce. I can understand plain meat on a board, but not saucy things!!
I guess it is just the 'in-thing' at the moment to serve on boards??
Best place for puddings and coffees is the Coffee house at the car park end of the row of shops. They do a lovely Ice Cream Cappucino, so have never stayed for pudding at either Key-F or Upstairs.
by garymbrock 06 Sep 2014, 19:17
Bit worried I won't get a table when everyone knows how good it is. This and Key F are just what Altinkum needed to compliment the existing good restaurants (Circus, Goldstar, Ikbals, My China and two or three others). Bit off topic but the other restaurant with a fenominal view and a different sort of vibe to the usual Altinkum place is the Ibiza town looking whitewashed bar ( the first one you come to from the garden centre end) at the Apollon Temple. Great steaks and very olde worldly/ as is it's next door. The view from her new upstairs terrace is magnificent, and great steaks not on a board.
by tommie 07 Sep 2014, 08:28
Pete Jones wrote:My mate and I went to the Upstairs restaurant for a meal last night because we'd heard some good reports about it which proved to be corrrect.
We had an excellent 3 course meal for 157 lira and 40 lira of that was for 4 Efes (10 lira a pint)
My starter was Chicken Sigorta served with shredded pickled cabbage and carrot with a bowl of soy sauce,followed by grilled lamb skewers (shish) with chips and veg rounded of with ice cream ( 3 different flavours ) My mate had the same starter,a steak which he said was excellent and fruit salad dessert.

The service was very good,the waiters all spoke English and were on the ball so all in all a very good night and highly recommended. Bookings can be arranged on 0256 813 77 77.
The setting is nice and quiet with a good view over the Marina from the terrace and a gentle breeze kept it nice and cool.When we left the place was very busy so it looks like its getting a good reputation.
When you go through the Marina main gate ,turn left at the 1st roundabout and head for the block of shops and its at the far end just before the Key - F restaurant.

Pete, would you like to make a comment on my website? Upstairs

Tom

Welcome to Didim - http://www.didim.me
by Pete Jones 07 Sep 2014, 09:01
Yes Debbie Reds are still doing the Curry night on Tuesday and the BBQ on Friday.We went to the curry night last Tuesday and it was great as usual,not too crowded and plenty of food.
Garymbrock could you give more detailed directions to this Ibiza town type restaurant ?
by jjazzza 07 Sep 2014, 11:16
were is reds located :D :D

a horse will lead you to water,but it wont pay your lecky bill (goldsand complex iv )

jim linda&jordan
by jjazzza 07 Sep 2014, 14:58
tommie when i opend your post it was for the marina im looking for directions for reds bar

a horse will lead you to water,but it wont pay your lecky bill (goldsand complex iv )

jim linda&jordan