All things eating and drinking related
by debbie 19 Oct 2014, 10:28
The regency lounge was a great new find for us in September, it had come second in a restaurant vote on a face book page, and people were raving about it on our complex, I was dubious as I love Indian food and had never found anywhere that could produce a good curry, we decided to visit on a Tuesday night as they have a set meal (50 lira for two) and a live singer, wow, we were all really impressed and surprised at just how good it was, and unbelievable value, onion bajis, chicken pakoras, 2 curries, rice, and a nan all very authentic, the live singer was great. This place will certainly be a regular haunt for us

d wenham
by webb89 19 Oct 2014, 12:04
Where is this? We really have not found a good authentic curry yet.

It's the same with Chinese there are no Indians or Chinese running these places only Turks/Brits.

A real authentic place run by Indian/Chinese would go down a storm even if they have to have a Turkish partner.
by durham rader 19 Oct 2014, 17:07
yes we also like the Regency lounge was it Di, that was singing we bumped into him as we were leaving in June and he said he was singing there unfortunately we never got up that way in September

RAchel /DERrick. To far North to be English and to far South to be Scottish.
by mbowk 19 Oct 2014, 18:14
Just got back from altinkum today missing the sun already, regency lounge is the best by far for its curry and hospitality even better I live around the corner!!!
by Pete Jones 21 Oct 2014, 10:27
I too can highly recommend the Regency Lounge for their Indian food it is really good.I took my friends there,who are on holiday here, the other night and they were all impressed,so much so that one of them couldnt finish his meal and took the remainder home in a doggy bag.
I have never tried the Chinese food in there but thats mainly coz the Indian food is so good.
Directions.From Attaturk Blvd go down the road that is between McDonalds and Technosa,continue down there till you get to a cross roads with the Lounge Bar over on the right and carry on to the Ege road.Cross directly straight over the Ege and the Regency Lounge is the yellow building on the left that has a terrace about 6 ft up off the ground.
by danny 23 May 2015, 07:00
hi,is the set menu only on a Tuesday,or is it on every day.danny :P
by debbie 24 May 2015, 09:26
I think it's any day Danny, we went on a Monday and had the set meal

d wenham
by danny 25 May 2015, 06:55
thanks Debbie,is it still ramazan who runs it,and the chap and his wife who serves,i think they are related. :P
by Eileen 25 May 2015, 19:38
We had a lovely meal in Regency last year and its just down the road from us. Ramazan owned it and I thin his brother (chatty man) and his wife were helping serve the meals.

Eileen Quinn