All things eating and drinking related
by ted j 28 Sep 2015, 06:13
Went in here last night , primarily for the granddaughter to play with the ducks and rabbits (we had been in before years ago and the food was OK)
I ordered steak, supposedly fillet ...when it came , one look was enough to see it certainly wasn't fillet , it was a cheap cut which looked like it had been run over by a steamroller

Seeing how I didn't want to upset the evening , I tried it but after a few mouthfuls , gave up and left it ...it was AWFUL , the worst piece of meat I've had since we got here 8 weeks ago

Kath complained to the waiter saying it certainly wasn't fillet and how bad it tasted , it had been seasoned with that much pepper (which I didn't ask for) and presumably cooked in olive oil, which I can't even stand the smell of .
The waiter went off and then ..................nothing , the next thing I saw the chef glaring at me over the kitchen counter
We got no apology, nothing knocked off the bill and will never be going in there again
by cozy3pilot 02 Oct 2015, 11:49
where is dolunay? is it a restaurant or a place?
by ted j 02 Oct 2015, 13:35
go past the taxi rank opposite the vista , turn left at the statue and it's on the left hand side ...it's a restaurant
by Super Fulham 02 Oct 2015, 17:33
I hope people don't get this confused with the Dolunay apartments which are the best I've stayed in in Altinkum .
by oldfogy 02 Oct 2015, 23:17
Super Fulham wrote:I hope people don't get this confused with the Dolunay apartments which are the best I've stayed in in Altinkum .

Glad you mentioned that, only I was thinking they were the apartments that were being talked about, especially where animals were concerned as the apartments certainly has the space, but don't know about the restaurant.
by ted j 03 Oct 2015, 05:45
Yes, I am talking about the restaurant, not the apartments which look really nice

Incidentally, we went in the family door last night as people on here and facebook recommend it
Honest opinion .....a little jaded, crap decor and my steak, although proper fillet, was chewy and not a patch on Martinos , the "chips/potato wedges " were not nice and I got peppers all over my onions which for me made them inedible