All things eating and drinking related
by oldfogy 21 May 2016, 11:39
As said elsewhere I saw this act in 2003 in Marmaris and although nothing wrong with it but the costumes are identicle to what they had then, apart from the tit hanging out.

One write-up has said it wasn't 100% and putting it down to first night glitches, but considering the time they have been going there should not have been any first-night effects, unless of course as mentioned and apologies from someone with a english female sounding name (sorry I can't remember her name and both mine and her comments have since been lost or removed from the FB page, but the glitches were put down to Reds first night organiser.
Although I said nothing apart from what I have said here and that I would also recommend it as a night out.

Back in 2003 they spent their time in Blackpool, so that might also still be their winter venue should anyone near to there fancy trying to find them.
by Lyn 21 May 2016, 19:33
I've been asked to "sort out" the music problem they had last week as I am so "precise" with what I do on quiz days (everything works when and how it should). We'll have to see as I'm pretty busy with things as they are.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by oldfogy 21 May 2016, 19:49
Lyn wrote:I've been asked to "sort out" the music problem they had last week as I am so "precise" with what I do on quiz days (everything works when and how it should). We'll have to see as I'm pretty busy with things as they are.

It seems as apart from the lack of a compare, most of the problems written about on FB were down to lack of co-ordination of staff with the servings and collecting money for food and drink, with no mention of sound quality etc.
by Lyn 21 May 2016, 20:47
Ah, thanks Phil, didn't know that. Interesting.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by maxine336 22 May 2016, 17:32
I went to the first night at reds to see the drag act.and my experience was chaos. We arrived to be sat outside, with no one asking if we wanted drinks, I managed to catch someone's attention and ordered drinks, and the food. The menu wasn't varied, but ordered chicken shish. My husband had another dish. I my meal was served with chips. Nothing else. By now people were arriving, being sat down with no menus or asking if they wanted a drink. The lady in charge was trying to do every thing, although staff were around, they didn't do anything unless they were told. People were leaving and meals were not arriving very quick, in fact a couple who arrived after us had their meal around 1 1/2 after they were sat down, as it was cold people were moving inside. And sat where ever they could, only to be asked to move up seats so others could be seated. The show was late starting, not sure if this was because they were collecting the money in for the meals, or if they were having technical problems.
Then the show started. Like others have said, it's the same old show, same props as others have used in the past.
When I thought about it afterwards I had paid £10.00 each for a ticket to see a show that I would have been able to see free if I wasn't in turkey. Also with lots of free entertainment in Altinkum I felt I should of thought more before committing to attend.
Would I recommend seeing the act ? No
Would I pay £10.00 to see the act ? Definitely not
Food was not up to standard
Staff were unorganised.
Also I'm not sure what this guy charges for his "show" but around 85 people X £10.00 = £850 .00. plus food, and drinks .
Reds I'm sure had a very profitable night.
by Duke 09 Jun 2016, 21:28
At Reds tonight for the Thursday Quiz!!! Another brilliant rendition by Lyn!! Well done mate & the hiccups make the show that much more entertaining !!!
The work that's been carried out is excellent & more in process now .. Beautiful location lovely staff & no one can fault the proprietor !!! I recommend the Red Quiz Thursadays BBQs on Fridays & of Course Cabaret on Sunday's ... Not many people in resort in fact overall Altinkum is the quietest I've ever known it in 14 years BUT .... Places like the Red will always be the place to go
Duke

Ps Karen & Sketty Betty had a lovey time too lol .

Keep the Faith & To Thine ownself be True!