All things eating and drinking related
by ted j 29 Apr 2016, 15:35
Hi Philip
If getting a dolmus, ask for "Polis academy" , cross over the road and go down the road at the side of the little supermarket (228 sk), you will come to a gate ,of a complex " Aegean Pines", take a short cut, by going through the smaller gate, keeping the pool on your left and go out by the top small gate ,turn left (232 sk) and look for a dirt/shingle road on the right and take it , Red's is about 150 feet up it

by oldfogy 29 Apr 2016, 15:44
ted j wrote:Hi Philip
If getting a dolmus, ask for "Polis academy" , cross over the road and go down the road at the side of the little supermarket , you will come to a gate ,of a complex " Aegean Pines", take a short cut, by going through the smaller gate, keeping the pool on your left and go out by the top small gate ,turn left and look for a dirt/shingle road on the right and take it , Red's is about 150 feet up it

Sorry Ted but still none the wiser.
Where is the Polis academy and which Dolmus from where, I will be coming from by Gold Sands on the Mavishire road going towards Marina Rd by U2 Leon Bar.
by ted j 29 Apr 2016, 16:03
If you know where the big Migros is, go there and get the Yesilkent dolmus outside , going DOWN the boulevard , then ask the driver for the polis academy the dolmus eventually ends up going past the Medusa disco and linekers, then heads to Yesilkent
If you look at a map of Didim, look way over to the right and you'll see an outcrop, that is yesilkent with Reds at the top end

Sorry but because I snipped the map, you'll have to zoom it up a bit but here is where Reds is in relation to U2

by oldfogy 29 Apr 2016, 16:10
Ok, thanks Ted, I should be able to find it from those instructions, will have to try dropping in at some time during end of May/June when next out there.

Edit,
Ah just realised where it is, way past 'The Tuntas' over by that fairly BIG AI hotel which I believe I will be staying in later in June, yes a holiday whilst on holiday.
by ted j 29 Apr 2016, 16:22
If you mean the Venosa, then yes, that is only about 6-7 minutes walk away
by oldfogy 29 Apr 2016, 16:32
Yes that's the one, thanks.
by Lyn 30 Apr 2016, 10:09
When you've gone through Aegean Pines and turned left, the road to the REDs is about 100 yds ahead on the right. At the moment there are loads of trucks etc. parked everywhere waiting by the new hotel Aurum Moon. It takes about 3/4 minutes to walk from Aegean Pines.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by elizaflint 30 Apr 2016, 11:06
I have seen there are some great offers for the Venosa, tourism seems to be taking a very bit hit this year, what is it like for the smaller hotels and operators ? Or is it mostly Turkish people who go there so there is not such a difference?
Eliza

eliza
by Lyn 30 Apr 2016, 11:08
The coaches outside the Venosa at the moment have Bulgarian and Russian number plates which says a lot.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by Lyn 21 May 2016, 10:34
Some more up-to-date info about the REDs.