All things eating and drinking related
by ted j 21 Nov 2015, 17:36
Called in this dinnertime , the waitress asked if we minded her opening the roof "just a little bit", which made it cold and seeing as the reason it was opened was people were smoking, we said we were moving to another area
The menu was only in Turkish, no English and Kath got fish and chips which she said was OK , but I asked for a Chicken sandwich , expecting some buttered bread and cold chicken slices
What I got was dry bread with pieces of warm fried chicken (which had some sort of weird flavouring on it, as did the accompanying chips )....the sandwich also had tomatoes, lettuce and bloody gherkin on it which I can;t stand the smell of never mind the taste , won't be going back in there
by Juco 21 Nov 2015, 19:59
I have had a couple of meals like that over the years, I am sure they just dont want to lose business (money) and throw together whatever they have,
There is 3 places I will never go back to and 2 of them come recommended, it wasnt so much the cooking but the way it was all cobbled together.
I dont recommend places now as they are rarely consistent.

Juco
by oldfogy 21 Nov 2015, 20:37
What always amazes me are the pictures people post of some of their meals (before starting) and yet when I've gone to the same place the food has never looked or been presented anything like it, not to mention the quantity has also left a lot to be desired.

Maybe next time I'll explain first that I want something good enough to post on FB
by ted j 22 Nov 2015, 07:43
It's like the Family door
That place has been highly recommended on here , yet when we went in earlier this year , I thought it was scruffy , the tables and chairs looked very dated and the food wasn't up to much

If I want steak that is already covered in pepper when it arrives at my table I will ask for it done that way, the problem with a lot of places is they automatically assume I want a meal with loads of veg/salad rice/etc, piled all over the plate ............It seems I have to ask for exactly what I want on my plate and more importantly, what I DON'T want
by ted j 22 Nov 2015, 09:46
On the boulevard , near Artis
by durham rader 22 Nov 2015, 17:25
Is I it the one with what looks like a telephone box in it

RAchel /DERrick. To far North to be English and to far South to be Scottish.
by Duke 23 Nov 2015, 00:23
Kev it's the old Arti's place updated to a chain company ..
Duke

Keep the Faith & To Thine ownself be True!