All things eating and drinking related
by Eileen 20 May 2016, 21:47
yes I am very happy that I sold, I had a great 10 years in my apt but I was worried about politics and sold. My hubby n I are off to the Estoril coast for a week n daughters in August n then a week in Jan/Feb in Tenerife both hols S/C cost less than 1k for flights n accommodation.

Eileen Quinn
by Juco 20 May 2016, 22:22
Main thing is you are happy and comfortable with what you have done.
The world has changed so much in the last 10 years that many are having to re-evaluate their circumstances.
Enjoy your holidays wherever you may go.

Juco
by Shakespeares 21 May 2016, 16:53
We are also happy that we sold both places. Our reasons were that every year the laws about something changed and it meant we had to shell out more money and were probably ripped off again, we had two properties, a boat, a vehicle, and a motorbike so we fell prey to every change going! Didim was our only home but we just could not be sure that we had a future there until we popped our clogs. A great pity, I certainly miss the life and our friends in Balat village.
We nearly moved to Spain but ended up in Germany instead (logic question there?!), at least in Europe you can be fairly sure both yourselves and your investments are safe.
by dredboy 23 May 2016, 14:26
Yes we sold our villa 4 years next month due to changes been made and not for the better Think many Brits would sell if the prices were right We made good profit and think we were very lucky I was missing family and my first grand daughter and now have another grandson 10mths old so yes glad we moved back to uk Don't miss the hassle and rip offs at all :D
by louie 24 May 2016, 09:55
Yes, but love the place, had to sell because of health reasons it broke my heart. Did get a bit sick of the ways they thought up new ways to get cash out of you each year, the last few years its been the swimming pools and insulation. Now flights are getting more expensive and they say even more expensive when we leave the EU that's if they are still flying.

Kath :)
by carlnsharon 24 May 2016, 10:20
We sold 4 years ago at a loss but glad we did as we wouldn't go back to Turkey now due to the risk of terrorism. We had great times while we were there and although we sold the apartment for less than we bought it we were happy that we owned it as we got our moneys worth in the 6 years we had it. The straw that broke the camels back was the pool laws that came in that meant ours would have had to be filled in as it was too close to the boundary. Funnily enough looking on google maps the Turkish families that live in the block of 6 apartments still haven't done it. Funny that!!! :D
by scottie 24 May 2016, 10:22
Kath, when we vote to leave, do you think the EU countries will ban us from using their airspace :?: :roll:
I'm waiting for David Cameron to tell us in his next speil, this will happen :lol:
by Shakespeares 24 May 2016, 14:42
Are there any British Airlines left anyway? BA still does some flights I suppose, Ryanair is Irish, Easy jet is busy, definitely to Schoneveld. Of course the airspace will remain free, just that UK airlines won't be able to get EU agreements automatically, you'll have to fight your own corner and that will cost more of course. Better ti vote "in" - safer.
by scottie 24 May 2016, 16:02
My parents and their family thought it was a cost worth paying, when they fought and risked their lives for this country to be free.
by prover 24 May 2016, 18:19
scottie wrote:Kath, when we vote to leave, do you think the EU countries will ban us from using their airspace :?: :roll:
I'm waiting for David Cameron to tell us in his next speil, this will happen :lol:

I've never heard a politician lie so much in my life as Cameron.( and that's saying something. ) Its quite funny really BUT how many believe him? That's the real problem.