Need technical help or assistance with your computer? Ask here.
by levi1234 11 Mar 2014, 19:29
Hi all

Does anyone know where we can get one of these in Altinkum, how much are they and are they any good?

Thanks

Maria.
by justubean 11 Mar 2014, 19:51
We have one of these.

image.jpg

As I have said in the other thread that's currently running. It's a mobile wifi internet connection. You can connect up to 4 (I think) devices. Suitable to run your computer, iPad or similar for Facebook etc. We also run our internet radio from ours. They cost around 250TL and you get a weeks credit on the sim which then costs 12TL per week for unlimited 3G internet although the speed will drop after you've used approx 1gb.
I got ours from the Vodafone shop on the opposite of the road and up a bit from Migros.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Julia & Stuart
Aquamarine Apartments
by gibbsy 26 Mar 2014, 19:48
Yes we've just bought one from Vodafone and it works great. We were streaming UK TV through it till the speed dropped and after returning to the shop found out that mobile data sims are capped at 1gb. It will go back up next week but only for another 1gb. The data sim came with 50tl credit so it should last a few weeks before we need to pay. The slower speed is pretty poor and struggles to play you tube etc. but its ok for normal use. Hope this helps anyone who's thinking about trying it.
Peter
by webb89 27 Mar 2014, 09:36
I am thinking of one of these when next down. Can anyone confirm that

a: you can get one without being resident

b: it will stream internet radio without problems

c: it only needs 12TL per week for unlimited

d: you can just plug it into a non 3G I-pad or iPhone 3

Thanks
by justubean 27 Mar 2014, 11:22
1) can't remember if we took our residency now. But they photo copied my passport.

2) Internet radio is fine but TV will use the first gb quickly then the speed slows right down.

3) 12TL per week.

4) we downloaded drivers into our net book. You need to log on after the thing goes off so that you can enter a pin. There is a APP for iPhone and iPad.

Hope this helps.

Julia & Stuart
Aquamarine Apartments
by patbaz 27 Mar 2014, 13:38
Hi all ,is this available on a weekly pay as you go basis or is it a contract ?
Thank you
Pat
by justubean 27 Mar 2014, 13:56
PAYG.
Go to the Vodafone shop with your number, pay and it's credited within two hours.

Julia & Stuart
Aquamarine Apartments
by patbaz 27 Mar 2014, 16:32
Thanks Justubean, sounds ideal as we are only there for about 10 weeks a year

Pat
by webb89 27 Mar 2014, 21:25
Thanks for replies. What is the App called?