Need technical help or assistance with your computer? Ask here.
by Lyn 09 Oct 2016, 07:05
Hello computer experts (again).

This laptop has been in for repair and I've just found out that the ''@'' symbol is now at the "" symbol, and vice-versa. I assume it's now set as a Turkish version. I know it can be changed back but don't remember how it's done.

HELP

I used to be indecisive, but now I think I'm better.
by Juco 09 Oct 2016, 07:15
try this:

Windows 7 or Windows Vista

Click Start Start button, type intl.cpl in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
On the Keyboards and Language tab, click Change keyboards.
Click Add.
Expand the language that you want. For example, expand French (Canada).
Expand Keyboard list, click to select the Canadian French check box, and then click OK.
In the options, click View Layout to compare the layout with the actual keyboard.
In the Default input language list, click French (Canada) – Canadian French, and then click OK two times.
In the Regional and Language Options dialog box, click OK.
Note The Language bar appears on the taskbar. When you rest the mouse pointer over this bar, a tooltip appears that describes the active keyboard layout.
Click the Language bar, and then click FR French (Canada).

Windows XP

Click Start , type intl.cpl in the Run box, and then press ENTER.
On the Languages tab, click Details.
Under Installed services, click Add.
In the Input language list, select the language that you want. For example, select French (Canada) .
In the Keyboard layout/IME list, click Canadian French, and then click OK .
In the Select one of the installed input languages to use when you start your computer list, click French (Canada) – Canadian French, and then click OK.
In the Regional and Language Options dialog box, click OK.
Note The Language bar appears on the taskbar. When you rest the mouse pointer over this bar, a tooltip appears that describes the active keyboard layout.
Click the Language bar, and then click French (Canada).

Juco