Need technical help or assistance with your computer? Ask here.
by Lyn 21 May 2017, 09:41
Starting yesterday, Google Chrome isn't working as it used to. For example, I put in the request line "Shakespeare's plays" (for reasons I won't go into). Several options come up but when I clicked on a link that looked OK I got the message "This site can't be reached". I am getting this on all the sites I try to access.

When I get into Yahoo's site, using Google, I get the same response "This site can't be reached".

Up until yesterday all was OK. What could be the problem ??

I used to be indecisive, but now I think I'm better.
by Lyn 21 May 2017, 09:46
Update:

According to Mark Larson, Google Chrome's director of Engineering, XP will be supported at least until the end of the year, but that doesn't explain my current problem.

by Lyn 24 May 2017, 05:10
I am now getting the message "Adobe Flash is not working". Could that be the problem and if so do I just download/reinstall it.

by ted j 24 May 2017, 05:19
Hi Lyn
Go to the windows logo bottom left, click it and go to control panel
Make sure you have it set in Category,(top right ) .....underneath programs, choose uninstall a program
then when the list comes up, carefully select adobe flash player , it will uninstall , then go to adobe download page and download a fresh version
by Lyn 24 May 2017, 10:30
Ted, I've currently got installed Adobe Flash Player 21.0.0.213 but I think I need to upgrade to the 25 version according to the Flash Player Settings Manager. Am I right in thinking this ? Sorry to be a pain in the wotsit again.

by Lyn 27 May 2017, 10:09
Still having the same problem and it's driving me nuts.

Apparently a Firewall is stopping FTP (whatever that is) but when I go into my Firewall there's no mention of an FTP programme being blocked. I've checked in Exceptions but nothing showing.

If anybody out there can help, PLEASE DO or this bloody machine is going into the Med.