A chronicle of Sharon and Eric's new life in Bulgaria.
by altinkum kev 09 Nov 2015, 09:34
Thanks for asking , Super Fulham. The weather here is still very nice , the logs are already for the snow but there seems to be no sign of it coming, All things still going well here so relaxing never having to lock your doors or shut windows when you go out for the day or night, keys left in all my vehicles in the ignitions all the time, well at least I don't have trouble finding them.
All the shops all stocked up with Christmas goodies just like UK, there are no foods that you can not get here .
keeping busy with the removals , and deliveries with my van , so I don't have to take any money from my bank account , plenty of ways to make money here if you want to.
Oh and of course the beer is still only 36 pence a pint. and no immigrants.

by elizaflint 09 Nov 2015, 12:59
It must be nice to be in a place which is not as over-regulated as it has become here. I suppose if you feel like putting a couple of slates on a roof you will not get prosecuted if you don't have a scaffold. And here of course, you have to have special insurance if you want to use your van for commercial purposes, but maybe that is the same there. And probably no registration for VAT either ?!
Within one month I have to do ... company tax return, private tax return, VAT return, European sales list ... all invoices now have to be sent in pdf format to prevent tampering and so it goes on. I just long for a simpler life, and I am sure I am not the only one ... in the good old days I used to go shopping in town on Saturday with my mum, have an ice-cream at Minchellas and she would pay the bills in town knowing the people in the offices and it was all very pleasant.
Life in post-war Britain was very hard in some ways of course, and extremely hard for some people (no tax credits then!) but even those I know who went through real privation after the war long for a simpler life, with just more fun - no not getting totally insensible with drink and then vomiting all over the place !

eliza
by malcolm 09 Nov 2015, 13:39
altinkum kev wrote:Thanks for asking , Super Fulham. The weather here is still very nice , the logs are already for the snow but there seems to be no sign of it coming, All things still going well here so relaxing never having to lock your doors or shut windows when you go out for the day or night, keys left in all my vehicles in the ignitions all the time, well at least I don't have trouble finding them.
All the shops all stocked up with Christmas goodies just like UK, there are no foods that you can not get here .
keeping busy with the removals , and deliveries with my van , so I don't have to take any money from my bank account , plenty of ways to make money here if you want to.

What are you if not an immigrant ?

mg1
by Super Fulham 11 Nov 2015, 02:03
altinkum kev wrote:Thanks for asking , Super Fulham. The weather here is still very nice , the logs are already for the snow but there seems to be no sign of it coming, All things still going well here so relaxing never having to lock your doors or shut windows when you go out for the day or night, keys left in all my vehicles in the ignitions all the time, well at least I don't have trouble finding them.

Superb, glad you're still loving it. Are you on any of the Bulgarian forums yet?
by oldfogy 11 Nov 2015, 14:28
altinkum kev wrote:Never use them, get enough abuse on the Turkish ones. lol

Er, excuse me, do you want to rephrase that Mr....