All travel issues, views and comments
by cozy3pilot 04 Feb 2019, 11:59
Hi my first RP is due to expire in May, is the renewal process easier than the intitial one? how long before the new card is issued? BTW i'm in akbuk/didim .has anyone got contact details for Sammy?
by oldfogy 04 Feb 2019, 19:32
cozy3pilot wrote:Hi my first RP is due to expire in May, is the renewal process easier than the inititial one? how long before the new card is issued? BTW i'm in akbuk/didim .has anyone got contact details for Sammy?

Sami Işık 0507 245 1743 - 0256 811 0430 - Sami_isik@hotmail.com

Must admit my second application albeit for 2 years and just double the application fee and the same charge as from Sami as the first one, because as he said it's the same amount of work not double so just the one same charge, and yes it did seem easier than the 1st, maybe because I knew there was nothing foreboding coming, plus now knowing what and where the Nufus office is for the interview.
Don't forget you will still need either access to a Turkish phone for the Text notification, I think mine took about 10 weeks to come through and was still at the PTT a couple of weeks later when I went to collect it and although I didn't have the missed delivery slip but had a copy of the reference number which without it I would not have been able to collect it. So again being told they only keep deliveries for a short time was and is not correct.