All travel issues, views and comments
by joshelen 14 Mar 2019, 07:36
Morning,

the rule with a tourist visa is 90 days out of any period of 180 days. I'm assuming you can have back to back visas as long as at no time you spend more than 90 days in any one 180 day period?? I want to spend time in Turkey Spring/early summer and Autumn (some of Sept/Oct/early November. Any-one done something like that??

Thanks

John
by Juco 14 Mar 2019, 08:07
I want to spend time in Turkey Spring/early summer and Autumn (some of Sept/Oct/early November.

On the day you leave (Nov) they will go back 180 and within that you should have no more than 90 days.
I believe back to back visas are ok although I think you have to leave Turkey with the one you entered with.

Juco
by Bugsy 14 Mar 2019, 09:39
Yes, you can buy a new visa at any time.
Many people buy a new one every time as they don't realise they are multiple-entry!
As Juco says, as long as on 'any' exit date, you have not been in Turkey more than 90 days out of the preceding 180 days, then you will be ok.
And, also, enter/leave each trip on same visa = don't consider renewing on-line whilst in Turkey! .
Enjoy your holidays. x
by oldfogy 14 Mar 2019, 12:15
It will cost more but why not Buy 'initially' a 1 year Residency permit (RP), that will solve ALL your problems and then after one year if you want you can get a 2 year RP.
by joshelen 15 Mar 2019, 06:43
Thanks for replies.

I've thought about a residency permit but I'll be out of Turkey October to May every year and doesn't that makes it unlikely that it would be renewed? One year we might get a RP if we ever decide to stay there for an extended period of time and we are not too concerned about renewal the following year.

Is it like the old days? You have to leave the country for ??24 hours to make the next visa valid.

I'll have to crunch the numbers to see what is possible. It won't open up more time in the middle of the summer but we could extend the stay for either April/November.
by Juco 15 Mar 2019, 09:38
Is it like the old days? You have to leave the country for ??24 hours to make the next visa valid.

I think that was based on when your stay was based on a current visa so when due to run out you hopped over to a Greek island and when coming back in bought a new visa and all was good for another 90 days, since they introduced the 180/90 day rule that became invalid.
As far as I am aware you dont now have to leave the country.

Juco
by Duke 15 Mar 2019, 20:11
There as Still people out there who seem to think after they've used their 90 day visa that can simply buy another 90 day one !!! No No no Miss Jones !!! After you've used 90 days you HAVE TO be out if the country for 90 days for a new visa to be valid else Fines will be levied !! The good old glory days have certainly Gone thanks to he who must be obeyed !!
Duke .

Keep the Faith & To Thine ownself be True!
by ted j 15 Mar 2019, 20:19
The best thing to do (as we did 4 years ago and considering what a shithole the UK has become thanks to greedy politicians) is to get over here asap
People told us we were mad but just take a look at tomorrows papers and THEN call us mad
by oldfogy 15 Mar 2019, 22:47
Duke wrote:There as Still people out there who seem to think after they've used their 90 day visa that can simply buy another 90 day one !!! No No no Miss Jones !!! After you've used 90 days you HAVE TO be out if the country for 90 days for a new visa to be valid else Fines will be levied !! The good old glory days have certainly Gone thanks to he who must be obeyed !!
Duke .

Another reason why I got a RP, was because one of he other benefits was the relaxation of not having to be out of the country between visas.
A RP apart from the cost is a win win situation.