All travel issues, views and comments
by scottie 16 Oct 2019, 12:05
We are going out next week with Thomson's airline and returning the following week with Pegasus..

Has any travelled back to the UK via Istanbul to Manchester on the same airline?
Hand luggage only. Do we have to go thru' passport/security again?
by Juco 16 Oct 2019, 21:36
Unfortunately I cant remember, I have done a couple of trips via Istanbul a good few years back and not sure if we went straight through or not.

Juco
by michaelm 16 Oct 2019, 23:55
As the first leg of your journey is an internal flight you will not be going through passport/visa control. That will occur in Istanbul. Security checks apply at both airports.
by scottie 17 Oct 2019, 14:05
Sorry, if I sound a bit of a numpty.
Do we have to go out thru' passport control and back in to passport control in Istanbul?
I don't know if we will be using the same plane. The details just said Bodrum to Manchester
via Istanbul. Arriving Istanbul(SAW)19:30. Departing (SAW)21.20.
by scottie 29 Oct 2019, 14:25
We made the connection with 10 minutes to spare. The bodrum flight was 15 mins., late.
Istanbul was so,so busy and we had to push our way thru' queues who were at other gates waiting to board.
by chrissie h 29 Oct 2019, 16:12
We are travelling home Izmir to Manchester via Istanbul with Pegasus as well, was it easy to transfer from domestic terminal to international terminal 1 we have hand luggage only as well fingers crossed the airport isn’t too busy we have 2 hours 20 minutes between flights our first time travelling via Istanbul

Christine & Alan
by scottie 29 Oct 2019, 18:52
Before we got there we were rather anxious about the tranfer from one side to the other.
We only had hand luggage.
We had 1hr.35mins to get to the International side departing gate.

Do not Exit the airport. Follow the Transit Passengers signs and then the International ones.
We had to go up one escalator and later go down another one. We passed a Pegasus information desk on our right. The important thing is to ask airport officials for directions.
They are very helpful.
You'll be fine. Enjoy your flight.
by chrissie h 29 Oct 2019, 20:31
Thank you for the information I’m sure we will be okay it’s just fear of the unknown

Christine & Alan
by scottie 29 Oct 2019, 21:14
Chrissie,
Sorry for the error. Turkish Airlines desk was on our left and Pegasus on our right.
by chrissie h 09 Nov 2019, 20:59
Just back today and travelling via Istanbul wasn’t a problem would definitely do it again

Christine & Alan