All travel issues, views and comments
by debbie 03 Oct 2015, 15:28
We got back from altinkum a few days ago after 3 great weeks, the highlight being 4 days in cappadocia, what an amazing part of the country, landscape was like nothing we'd ever seen, I kept expecting Fred Flintstone to pop up, the hotel Kelebek that we stayed in was really like something from a fairytale, I'd really find it hard to describe how fabulous it was, there is so much to see and do in the area, but the best thing by far was the balloon trip, we were picked up from our hotel, taken for breakfast and then out to where all the balloons were, this alone was a fascinating sight, I'd been a bit wary but it was all so smooth and seeing the sunrise over that magical landscape is something I'll never forget!!!

Image sorted, Juco

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

d wenham
by Eadie 05 Oct 2015, 14:58
We spent 4 nights in Cappadocia about two years ago and also did the balloon flight. Words cannot express what a magical place it is. It's a place that everyone with an interest in Turkey should visit. It definitely reaffirms what a beautiful and diverse country Turkey is. Lovely photo :D
by St Domingo 05 Oct 2015, 19:50
Hi Debbie hope you don't mind me asking but how did you get there, was it an organised trip and what was the cost. We are off to Altinkum in the morning for 2 weeks ........Yippee :D 8-) :lol:

John

nil satis nisi optimum
by debbie 05 Oct 2015, 20:10
image.jpg
Hi john, I organised everything from here in the UK, the flights were from Izmir to keyseri, about £60 return, the hotel was truly amazing, from the time of booking they answered my many questions and organised everything for us, around £60 per night for a junior suite, I can't recommend The Kelebek hotel enough
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

d wenham
by debbie 05 Oct 2015, 20:11
image.jpg
And another photo

d wenham
by Juco 05 Oct 2015, 23:21
Brave women, glad you enjoyed. More than I would do as I struggle to get on the plane to fly to Turkey. :-(

Juco