All travel issues, views and comments
by oldfogy 04 May 2016, 00:01
Copied from Facebook, unfortunatley the link is in Turkish, but.

There will be no more visa needed to come Turkey or online visa whatsoever it's been agreed today any e.u country's from the day Turkey start free travel to e.u which will be 15th if June if I'm right anyone comes Turkey after that day no more visa hope this helpful also there is a link .
http://www.londrali.com/articles_list/v ... i-kaldirdi

Online translation: -
The introduction of visas by the Republic of Turkey, the European Union (EU) decision on the abolition of visa requirements for citizens of member countries was published in the Official Gazette. The lifting of visa requirements visas to citizens of EU member states by Turkey, the Foreign Ministry's letter dated on April 29, 2016, No. 6458 Aliens and the Council of Ministers decided in accordance with Article 18 of the International Protection Act. According to the resolution published in the official gazette, the abolition of visa requirements for citizens of EU member states, will begin to be implemented from the date of lifting visa requirements for citizens of Turkey in the EU's Schengen area. This decision, Turkey, Cyprus was also abolished visas for citizens.
by ted j 04 May 2016, 06:48
As I understand it, it doesn't apply to the UK as it is only schengen countries in the EU that it applies to
by christella 04 May 2016, 07:52
ted j wrote:As I understand it, it doesn't apply to the UK as it is only schengen countries in the EU that it applies to

You are quite right if you google schengen it shows we are not in it
What a shame

bowling is like sex you dont have to be any good at it but you really enjoy it
by oldfogy 04 May 2016, 09:26
ted j wrote:As I understand it, it doesn't apply to the UK as it is only schengen countries in the EU that it applies to

Yes I also agree with you, just that the the OP is pointing and saying that will not be so because: -

the abolition of visa requirements for citizens of EU member states
by scottie 04 May 2016, 09:42
[quote="christella"quote]
You are quite right if you google schengen it shows we are not in it
What a shame[/quote]

It is a good job that we are not in it, otherwise we would be in the same situation as the rest of the EU, regarding the movement of migrants. Really happy to pay for a visa to remain as we are.