All travel issues, views and comments
by jimmy and marg 04 Jan 2017, 21:05
Thinking of going to from Altinkum to Turgutreis for the last couple of days holiday in early May . Can anyone help with the best transport link please, ferry or bus ?
by Lyn 05 Jan 2017, 11:46
There is a coach that goes to Bodrum from Altinkum and then a dolmus to Turgetreis. Can't remember the times nor the prices sorry but I think the coach leaves quite early in the morning and is the only one every day then returns in the evening around 6-ish.

Someone will come on here with up-to date info I'm sure.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by patnmick 05 Jan 2017, 23:59
We have done this trip few times and as Lynn said,there is a bus you can book from the office at the bottom of the main road next to the chemist. They pick you up from there and take you to the main bus station where you change to the bus for Bodrum.It is easy to find the next bus in the station in Bodrum but make sure you book the return seats as there can be a full bus or you could be split up on your return. Enjoy the break we loved it.
by Lyn 06 Jan 2017, 06:26
The little hut that was at the bottom of Ataturk Blvd, by the chemist, has gone now. If you find yourself up by the Saturday market, call in at the otogar and there's an information place there who can advise what you'll need to do for your journey. As PatnMick said be sure to book a return journey.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by patnmick 06 Jan 2017, 20:15
Hi Lyn, the office is now next to the pharmacy.it was moved there after they removed the hut, we used it in 2016. Keep the photos coming in about the changes on the front please.take care.
by oldfogy 06 Jan 2017, 22:29
Lyn wrote:The little hut that was at the bottom of Ataturk Blvd, by the chemist, has gone now. If you find yourself up by the Saturday market, call in at the otogar and there's an information place there who can advise what you'll need to do for your journey. As PatnMick said be sure to book a return journey.

Isn't that still the same office on the opposite side of the road.
by Lyn 07 Jan 2017, 06:56
Yes, the office is now at the lower level of the Horizon hotel, behind where you catch a dolmus to go up Ataturk Blvd.

Here it is, the last photo. viewtopic.php?f=67&p=378816#p378816