All travel issues, views and comments
by odd job 22 Jan 2017, 15:49
Glad your both home safe & sound. Hope the time you had there was enjoyable and relaxing before it was cut short.
by durham rader 22 Jan 2017, 15:57
Yes we did enjoy the time we had . But did put things off to do our second week,But we will return next year . But a lesson learned don't put of until tomorrow what you can do today.

RAchel /DERrick. To far North to be English and to far South to be Scottish.
by Lyn 23 Jan 2017, 09:56
Better to be safe than sorry although the problems do seem to be over now, but why take a chance. You did the right thing.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by durham rader 23 Jan 2017, 13:24
We felt for the hotel staff they also left hotel with us as no customers no job ,don't know how long it will take to get tourists back into Gambia ,but we have booked for next year. Gambia has had a rough couple of years, this year and two year's ago the Ebola scare . And it does rely heavily on Tourism.

by elizaflint 23 Jan 2017, 13:59
Did you feel the food and the hygiene were OK, I am very prone to tummy upsets when abroad (even in France and Turkey!) but would like to find a warm destination for January ...

eliza
by durham rader 23 Jan 2017, 14:10
This is the only place I have been that I get constipated,but I do believe it's down to to the Julbrew beer . Food is good both Africa an and European .And as always Chinese and Indian available. And Climate is perfect Hot days and comfortable nights in January.

by elizaflint 24 Jan 2017, 13:03
Do you choose a four-star hotel in a big resort, I truly have no ideal about Gambia or even Goa, which also seems popular. All information gratefully received!
Eliza

eliza
by durham rader 24 Jan 2017, 17:12
We used to go to Goa went for 9 years , but before we went there we tried Gambia we were in The Atlantic hotel in Banjul lovely hotel but not a lot round about . So that's when we thought about Goa and we loved it. But then the Russians were starting to go in there droves ,the resort became dirty and it changed ,Visa was always changing price, size of photo so that's why we have started to go to Gambia .we go to Kololi in Gambia which has plenty of restaurants and bars Flight 6 hours , no visa same time zone as UK . Goa Hotels you can get 5 star but mostly 2star basic . Gambia about the same eating out ,drinking all cheaper in Goa . So both have positives and negatives . We used to stayed in Goa for four weeks ,( many expats from Altinkum spend winter in Goa) two weeks is enough for Gambia hope this helps

by macs50 25 Jan 2017, 20:46
Rachel/derek
were are you 2 going to fly to Bodrum from this year?

Blly/Jackie
by durham rader 25 Jan 2017, 21:49
Edinburgh , easy jet and cheap parking . Bradford Leeds expensive both flight and parking.