For non Turkey related matters that do not fit elsewhere
by durham rader 19 Dec 2015, 12:37
Just wondering has anyone any winter breaks planned, we are going to Cuba .First time for us and first time All inclusive. It's our Centenary year next year Derrick will be 60 and we will have been married 40 years so this January we are doing a specia,l well special to us .We always go away in January as work is quiet then used to be Goa but the last few years Gambia .

RAchel /DERrick. To far North to be English and to far South to be Scottish.
by durham rader 20 Dec 2015, 07:52
Been 6 times was not keen the first time in Banjul .thats when we started to go to Goa, then we went there for 9years .tried Egypt did not like it there, so give Gambia another go in a place called Kololi . It suits us fine good climate hot days cool nights ,short flight time and reasonably priced and food and drink reasonably priced as well .

by durham rader 28 Jan 2016, 19:36
Just back from Cuba, enjoyed it first week glorious weather food very good first time all inclusive any were .second week not so good weather changed to rain, warm but wet .would I go back,not in a hurry very laid back people very nice and friendly . Looking forward to Altinkum in June . While we were away our jack Russel dog Tadger past away he would have been 15 years old on May the 4th . We had him cremated and is currently on our mantle piece until the weather gets better ,then we will scatter his ashes over the fells his favourite walk

by Juco 29 Jan 2016, 00:06
Tried to get cheap flights over xmas /new year for Amsterdam & Southern Ireland more for social visits but too expensive for a quick visit. Also got a load of air miles to use up maybe get something from them.

Sorry to hear about your dog ours passed away about 2 years ago at 16, still miss the crafty antics, (collie). I got my wife a pastel drawing done of him as a reminder.

Picture 742 a copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Juco
by elizaflint 29 Jan 2016, 13:08
Really sorry to hear about your dog, I still miss my lovely cat, he was so intelligent and loving. I do think a relationship with an animal can be totally unique - and they are usually simpler than humans (and not so devious!)
Eliza

eliza