For non Turkey related matters that do not fit elsewhere
by Duke 03 Feb 2016, 19:54
Hi Guys!!
The main problem with this forum is we had a thriving vibrant meeting place full of advice & friendly banter THEN folks got stung, ripped off, used & abused by the so calle NICE friendly Emlaks, Bar owners Lawyers etc etc !!! Followed by mass exodus of OUR nice people!! So unless We ALL start recruiting new members the forum like the lire will be Stuffed!!
Time to seek out the New buyers inform them via facebook or such ilk of the great advantage of using this forum .... Let's do our best to build it up again !!!
Duke

Keep the Faith & To Thine ownself be True!
by Shakespeares 03 Feb 2016, 21:12
All my other passwords are remembered, it is an AA thing.
by Juco 03 Feb 2016, 21:16
Every single time I use the forum I have to go through the login procedure all over again, despite the fact that every time I login I click on the "remember" box.

Try this:
If saved to favourites or bookmarks then delete it, then delete cookies / history.
Now go to AA (from google or whatever) and log in and enter password again, then save to favourites.

Juco
by oldfogy 04 Feb 2016, 02:35
Juco wrote:
Every single time I use the forum I have to go through the login procedure all over again, despite the fact that every time I login I click on the "remember" box.

Try this:
If saved to favourites or bookmarks then delete it, then delete cookies / history.
Now go to AA (from google or whatever) and log in and enter password again, then save to favourites.

Yes a very good tip.
But deleting 'History' is not very important but you do need to clean-out the cookies and the Cache, as they are the files which store passwords.

I recently removed myself from a facebook site but started getting anoyed because every-time I opened facebook it was opening on the site main page that I had removed myself from, then the penny dropped, because I was using a short-cut on my desktop 'which used to open the site'
by christella 04 Feb 2016, 05:54
1 thought i recognised you you poped up on my facebook last week

bowling is like sex you dont have to be any good at it but you really enjoy it
by elizaflint 04 Feb 2016, 13:07
I am also having the problem with having to log in each time, this is a relatively new problem. As for the forum itself, I look on it most days, as someone who has property in Altinkum but can't get out at the moment because of illness it has been a real godsend to me. Helps me keep in touch and perks me up. Any piece of information, no matter how trivial, any opinions all have helped.
Some more general discussions have also been helpful. And maybe it is nice for those who live in Turkey to get some news from the UK.
Sometimes people do tend to get on their high horse and so on and replies can get tetchy at times, but in general I do enjoy it.
Especial thanks to Lyn, whose photo updates have been so welcome!
Eliza

eliza
by Lyn 04 Feb 2016, 23:16
Here's a quick update on the development next to Burger King ...

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by Tommo 04 Feb 2016, 23:29
Hi Lyn sorry I have not been on Maureen dragged me off to Tenerife for a week it has been thirty seven years since we were there its all built up lots Had a great time but we still love Altinkum Thanks for the update looks like underground car park :?
by malcolm 07 Feb 2016, 14:36
I'm still here

mg1
by Duke 24 Aug 2017, 22:08
I've had trouble load the forum page for the past few days !! Anyone else beside me & Lyn been affected ?? The boss was kind enough to suggest using Chrome but I had problems using Bar wifi in Aktinkum so was advised by Apple to only use Safari to access sites!! Since which this is the only site I get glitches with!! Maybe it needs more useage to stop the gears seizing up ?? lol
Duke

Keep the Faith & To Thine ownself be True!