It's blowing a gale here in Portsmouth what's it like where you are

bowling is like sex you dont have to be any good at it but you really enjoy it
by Juco 07 Feb 2016, 22:55
Good old Storm Imogen.

Juco
by michael51 07 Feb 2016, 23:54
Very wet and windy in central Ireland.
by Lyn 08 Feb 2016, 06:58
Cold yesterday with a bit of wind but beautiful morning today. Then again, this is Turkey. :D

I used to be indecisive, but now I think I'm better.
by christella 08 Feb 2016, 08:37
hi lyn
still got the car i sold you hope you are both keeping well

bowling is like sex you dont have to be any good at it but you really enjoy it
by elizaflint 08 Feb 2016, 10:12
Fantastic luminous sky with strips of cloud and different shades of blue here in bonny Newcastle, it is a bit chilly, we call it bracing ...
But at least it is really light and the days are drawing out now, I havent found the winter that bad this year ...
The northern skies are really beautiful ...
Eliza

eliza
by Lyn 08 Feb 2016, 10:49
christella wrote:hi lyn
still got the car i sold you hope you are both keeping well

Hi Chris.

Yes, still got the car and all is OK here but we are looking to sell and move back to the UK. Will still have holidays here though.

by elizaflint 09 Feb 2016, 08:44
I hope you don't mind me asking, but I wonder why you want to leave Turkey and come back to blighty?
Life is not all rosy here either ....
And I will miss the photos!
Eliza

eliza
by oldfogy 09 Feb 2016, 12:00
Lyn
As per previous comment 'Life is not all rosy here either ....'

If it's for health reasons, then yes we also have doctors etc here, but I believe diagnosis and treatments are far better in Turkey than it is in the UK.
But I suppose if it's to be nearer the family 'grand children etc' well what more can we say. (PAY FOR A FLIGHT ONCE A MONTH AND HAVE THEM VISIT YOU)

But whatever you decide, good luck and hope the transition is as pain free as possible.
by Lyn 10 Feb 2016, 08:41
Eliza: Going back 30 years or so we decided that when we retired it would be to the sun. We've been here 10 years now so we've done what we wanted but now it's time to get back to reality.

Phil: The decision to get back to the UK is as you said - Family, friends etc. but especially the 5 grand-kids. We don't have any health problems (yet) so that doesn't affect our decision.

We can live as we used to once we're back with foreign holidays 4/5 times a year (Turkey included as we have many friends here).