For non Turkey related matters that do not fit elsewhere
by elizaflint 10 Feb 2016, 10:58
Thanks for your reply, and I suppose family reasons must be the best, I am sure your grandchildren also need you.
I am glad it does not have anything to do with the resort as such.
At the moment I am planning to live for around 4 months a year in Turkey, health permitting, this is also partly for financial reasons as the cost of living I think is still cheaper over there, especially electricity and so on. I do love the north-east though, and could never imagine leaving here completely. Having said that, life in England has changed a lot over the last 10 years, and not just for the better, so I hope you are not disappointed.

eliza
by oldfogy 10 Feb 2016, 11:27
I'll be 68 this September and my main regret was to keep putting off mainly with being sidetracked with life and not doing what I wanted to do as far back as the late 1960s which was to do what you did Lynn.

I feel my problem now is my age and lifestyle is now against me uprooting to foreign lands, so will also just have to make do with plenty of holidays and make the most of it that way.

So for anyone still thinking about moving abroad, you don't always get a second chance in life, so take the bull by the horns and DO IT NOW.

Good luck Lyn and how move goes without too much pain.
by Bill H 10 Feb 2016, 13:45
I know how you feel, But we are not quite ready to call it quits just yet, we purchased a lovely apartment in Altinkum, furnished it the way we wanted, now I am told it looks great, and so we take one of our breaks in Turkey every year, however, now that we have both retired we intend to spend a good more time in Turkey.
There may be a few troubles out there, but it is no good quitting at this stage, after all, when, and I do mean WHEN, when the present troubles settle down and the tourists return Turkey will be a better bet than many other destinations.
by oldfogy 10 Feb 2016, 14:55
Bill H,

Not sure if I phrased that correctly, I wasn't referring to not going on holiday, but actually uprooting and moving away from the UK on a permanent basis.
I will still be holidaying as much as possible and even up-to 5 or 6 weeks at a time.

So no, likewise I'm not ready to call it quits just yet.