For non Turkey related matters that do not fit elsewhere
by Bugsy 08 Apr 2016, 07:46
Government responded

The EU Referendum Act 2015 commits the Government to provide information to the public on EU membership ahead of the vote, and that is what we will do

We are fighting hard to fix the aspects of our EU membership that cause so much frustration in Britain – so we get a better deal for our country and secure our future. Throughout we are driven by one consideration – what is best for our economic and national security. The European Union Referendum Act 2015 means there will be a referendum on our EU membership before the end of 2017. This is a big decision for the country. The Government is determined that the public should be clear on what reforms have been agreed, and what EU membership means for the UK.

The Referendum Act requires the Government to publish reports that set out the outcome of the negotiation of our EU membership and the Government’s opinion on that outcome and provide information on rights and obligations in EU law and on examples of countries that do not have EU membership but do have other arrangements with the EU.

In the last 28 days of the referendum period, Section 125 of the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000 will apply. This restricts publications about the referendum by bodies or persons that are wholly or mainly publicly funded. It is fully expected that the voices of the two official designated campaigns will lead the debate.

In the end, the British people will decide whether we are stronger and better off with our European neighbours as part of the European Union, or on our own. That is because we made a promise and kept it – to deliver an in-out referendum.

Foreign and Commonwealth Office
by Lyn 08 Apr 2016, 07:49
Isn't it too late to sign as the leaflets have already been printed although it will show the strength of opinion. Signed.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by Juco 08 Apr 2016, 08:41
Never too late. :-)

A bit like the referendum why bother voting as we are already in it! Anything that lets them know what we really think is worthwhile in my book as for too long they have ignored us.
We may have elected them but they are supposed to be acting in our favour, not just doing what they want and using our taxes to pay for it.

Juco
by Lyn 08 Apr 2016, 11:06
Juco wrote:Never too late. :-)

A bit like the referendum why bother voting as we are already in it! Anything that lets them know what we really think is worthwhile in my book as for too long they have ignored us.
We may have elected them but they are supposed to be acting in our favour, not just doing what they want and using our taxes to pay for it.

Agreed, that's why I did sign the petition.

I've always thought that whichever party gets into power after a general election, they seem to do what they want to do anyway.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by oldfogy 08 Apr 2016, 11:39
And yet again we have another 'None UK resident' advising us on what to do.

Aircraft wing division tells UK employees a vote to leave EU could make it rethink future investment decisions.
The Airbus factory in Toulouse, France. The company employs 15,000 people in the UK.
http://tinyurl.com/ztvoq3q
by christella 09 Apr 2016, 17:06
scottie wrote:Of course they are spending £9 million for our good.
To hell with spending more money on the NHS, Social Services and on the elderly.
It is right they rob people of their pensions, as they to increase retirement age due to having no money.
It is far more important to use the money to prevent us leaving the EU, and being David Cameron's legacy.

weii said

bowling is like sex you dont have to be any good at it but you really enjoy it