For non Turkey related matters that do not fit elsewhere
by Lyn 21 Feb 2018, 08:37
Hi. I've just connected another 1TB WD external hard drive to the lap-top with the intention of transferring info from an existing one (the same make etc.) to the new one. I got the message that the new one has "been installed and is ready to use" but I can't find it anywhere. When I connect the original, on the "My Computer" page the icon is shown there but not one for the new TB.

Where the hell has it gone. :? :evil: :evil:

I used to be indecisive, but now I think I'm better.
by ted j 21 Feb 2018, 13:31
You could try typing the full name for it in the search box bottom left then right click and hit "Open folder location", and see if you can access it from there
by Derekfrizzel 21 Feb 2018, 17:54
Lynn - have you connected the hard drive to the laptop using a USB cable to a USB port on your laptop?

Try connecting it to different USB ports om the laptop until it is recognised.

Once it has been recognised, it is straight forward

Derek Frizzel
by Lyn 24 Feb 2018, 07:29
Thanks guys. A mate in the UK has told me what to do. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

by Lyn 28 Feb 2018, 12:24
Here I come again with a nag. Sorry.

I've been transferring info from a 1TB external Drive to a Memory Stick. A few days ago as I was "sending to" the USB it stopped working and told me that all of a sudden the USB was "Write Protected" and wouldn't receive any more info. I found a place on the net that showed how to remove the write protection. It worked for a while but it's gone back to protection again and now the removal that I used earlier no longer works.

HELP.