A diary of Phill and Di's day to day life in Turkey following their semi-retirement.
by phillanddi 18 May 2013, 07:56
Hello all
I guess it all started for us back in 2006 when Tony Blair "do you remember him" he told us workers of GB I no you've all worked hard and paid your taxes but im sorry to tell you when your old your going to be living on the bread line freezing to death in your homes because you cant afford to put the heating on so you need to do something

about it now because were not going to help you so like a lot of people our age we started looking for things to top up our pension we saw on the internet you could buy a 2 bedroom apartment in Turkey for £23'000 so we thought we buy one of them sit on it for 10 years then sell it for £200'000 make a nice profit old age sorted :D well as

you all no that didn't happen we were very lucky we bought from Turkish home sweet home and we got everything we paid for we have all our paperwork and we are very happy with holiday home its worth less than we paid for it but property all over the world is worth a less than people paid for it we have made some very good friends over

the years and we are glad we bought when we did we have been planning semi-retirement for a few years now and now its here at last :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
we are going to Turkey for the summer this year and I plan to keep a diary of our new life and the day to day cost of living in turkey were flying out tomorrow afternoon

so watch this space ;)

phill and diane marina gateway

bought from turkish home sweet home have tapu + no regrets
by debbie 18 May 2013, 08:13
Good luck, I hope you enjoy, we bought an apartment in September, and will be having our first holiday in it in 10 days time!!

d wenham
by JANE 18 May 2013, 08:23
Have a lovely summer, wish it was us!! I look forward to reading your diary and how you are getting on.

Jane :D

"Wish we were there"!
by Thelma 18 May 2013, 08:59
Have a good trip Di and Phill. Keep up the diary Mrs. Dale.

ImageThelma and RoyImageImageImageImageImage
by p70jax 18 May 2013, 09:07
Good luck Di...........I'll be really interested in how you get on as I'm thinking of doing the same ;)

I was diagnosed with cancer last year and am being made redundant at the end of this year. Fortunately I have been with my company for 33 years and have a good pension, which I can take in a few years , so I plan to semi-retire @ 51 and spend as much time as possible in Turkey.

Unfortunately my son is only 7 so I'm tied to going out when the schools are on hols for now . :(

Glass half full, not half empty!!
by johnnetplus 18 May 2013, 09:16
Hi Di,

I wish you and Phil all the best in this new adventure. We really must meet up and I think I owe you both a drink for the photos you have supplied previously to me. I'm going out in June (24th till 29th) so might get to have a meet-up sometime during that period if you are still out there then. We'll see. Have a safe journey and enjoy the Sun.

Kind regards John
by justubean 18 May 2013, 09:43
Well Done Diane. I will read your blog if you post it on here. We too would like to semi retire. No wait a minute. RETIRE completely. I was talking to a guy and his partner who like us was fed up with work Etc and took the plunge and retired and has decided to spend it in Turkey.

Our purchase was a retirement investment which we intended to rent out. When it come to the crunch we just couldn't do it. It's our home from home and its for us and our kids only. We go out asvmuch as we can and live like we do at home except in better weather. We now have a different perspective on the whole thing and things couldn't be better.

Julia & Stuart
Aquamarine Apartments
by margaritaville 18 May 2013, 10:26
Great idea of the diary Di, and good luck with the move.
We bought seven years ago with an open mind as to what we would do with it and like above, we consider our second home now and have never let it out.Our two young kids love going out to it as much as we do and even though currently we can only spend a maximum of five weeks a year there (our work holidays) we wouldnt be averse to spending much longer periods out there when we retire (in twenty years!)
by Tinkumgal 18 May 2013, 12:24
good luck on your new life, cant wait till we can do the same, looking forward to reading your blog ;)
by colinA1 18 May 2013, 14:08

Don't suppose your flight tomorrow is from Luton with Monarch, if so Linda is on that flight.

Colin and Linda