A diary of Phill and Di's day to day life in Turkey following their semi-retirement.
by stevewillow 11 Feb 2014, 21:59
just got back from a cruise around the caribbean.
it was fantastic and would thoroughly recommend it.
flew on the dreamliner to Barbados then onto the ship( Thomson Dream)
then visited Tobago,St Lucia,St Maarten,St Vincent& St Kitts.
Highlights were St Vincent & the Grenadines which were stunning and also the Airport beach
at St Maarten where the planes fly about 20 foot above your head
will try and post some photos soon
only down side was i managed to put 10lbs on so big job to shift it before altinkum in June!!

Steve
by Marl 11 Feb 2014, 22:20
You lucky thing! We have been watching Death in Paradise which is filmed on Guadeloupe which looks stunning. Looking forward to seeing photos you post.
by Juco 12 Feb 2014, 00:01
St Marteen if you havent seen it before....

Juco
by Pete Jones 12 Feb 2014, 14:12
Sounds like one of those cruises I've always promised myself to go on Steve,glad you enjoyed it.The only problem is Altinkum spoils you with the laid back no pressure atmosphere and I just cant be bothered to get all packed up and go through the hassles of airports,security checks etc but maybe one day.
Thanks for the video Stan,standing under the planes landing must be a hairy experience but you wont catch me standing in the wake of 4 jet engines on full thrust for take off.the Police would be better off fencing the beach off from the road so they cant stand on the crash barriers.
by debbie 12 Feb 2014, 16:31
Steve, can I ask what did you think of the new Dreamliner, I'm thinking of booking a trip using it? Thanks

d wenham
by stevewillow 12 Feb 2014, 20:00
Cheers Pete, am looking forward to the day when i can do both more often!
Debbie i enjoyed the dreamliner.very generous legroom, nice leather seats with adjustable headrest which is good if you are sleeping as it keeps your head still.in fact i managed about 4 hours proper sleep on the flight back.good entertainment system and also i thought the food was excellent on Thomson long haul.would defo recommend

Steve
by debbie 12 Feb 2014, 20:06
Thanks Steve, that's good to hear, as I've been looking to use the Dreamliner for our next long haul trip

d wenham
by del 12 Feb 2014, 20:43
We are going on the dream liner in April so I'm glad you liked it, will be good to see some pics Steve, not sure about a cruise maybe one day
by annabelle 12 Feb 2014, 21:18
We did a similar Cruise on the Thomsons Dream last March but combined it with 2 weeks in Barbados we enjoyed it that much we tried the Thomsons Celebration to Greece and Turkey last October again a fantastic Holiday .
I must say we cant fault Thomsons for organisation and the Hotels we used are 1st class .
This September were trying another Thomsons Cruise to the beautiful Adriatic area and flying on the Dreamliner to Corfu was a bit wary as they've had a few technical problems but hopefully there all sorted now . :) Ann