Car Hire, Transfers and Rail Travel
by del 14 Jan 2013, 14:01
Thanks for the report, sounds like you had a lovely time. We are thinking of stopping there for 3 days at easter if all goes well.
by danandgwen 14 Jan 2013, 18:35
Brilliant report, It is my birthday in April and we will be at Mavisehir, I think a few days in Istanbul woullf be a nice prezzie for me, like many other we keep putting it off for one reason or another. :D

Danny,
Mavisehir (one day)
by del 16 Mar 2014, 08:21
Well we have actually done it' booked flights to Istanbul (saw) on our way home in October. We are going to spend 3 nights there, can any one recommend a Hotel for us please.
Thanks del.
by Lyn 16 Mar 2014, 08:26
Del, we're staying there for 3 days on the way to the UK at the end of the year. We've booked a room at the Best Western in the old part of town as that's where most of the sightseeing paces are. There are hundreds of hotels to choose from depending on what you'd like and want to pay.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by largrangegdns 16 Mar 2014, 08:51
Pierre Loti is a lovely hotel. It is on tram line between Grand Bazaar and blue Mosque/ Hagia Sopia. There is live music in their conservatory bar in an evening.

Lorraine
Apollon Holiday Village
by St Domingo 16 Mar 2014, 11:04
Great report

We have are going for 3 nights in July and have booked the Buyuk Keban Hotel which has got decent reviews on trip Advisor and are flying with Pegasus from Bodrum

Can't wait :)

nil satis nisi optimum
by Eileen 16 Mar 2014, 18:11
I am going in July to Istanbul, flying from Edinburgh to Istanbul then onto Bodrum, on way back we are staying for 4 nights at T~ Loft residence which i booked through booking.com.

Eileen Quinn
by lesleyb15 16 Mar 2014, 20:19
We went to Istanbul for 3 nights a couple of years ago and stayed in Hotel Niles, 5th floor rom, very nice. Had a really good review in the Telegraph and was an excellent price. Based in Sultanhamet it was an easy walk to Grand Bazaar, Haggai Sophia etc. centrally placed. At the top of the road was the tram if we needed it and walking downhill to the fish restaurant area ( take care can be pricey) Flew into the out of town airport- name forgotten- and simply caught the havas bus to Taxim Square ( very cheap) and 'cos we couldn't locate the bus we needed took a taxi to Sultanhamet. Like everywhere you can find expensive and less expensive places to eat and drink. We were pleased at how inexpensive we found the whole holiday.
by del 17 Mar 2014, 06:14
Thanks for your replays, I think we have booked the Airport out of town(saw) so will have to look st train into the City. The flight I booked was with pegsases from Bodrum to Istambul was only £11 if we wanted to go a day earlier it was £4 what a bargain well I will have a good look at hotels and let you know what we decide.
by gazzer 17 Mar 2014, 06:34
Hi,
You can go from Bodrum to Ataturk apt which is in the centre...Atlasjet are the cheapest we only paid 22tl each....lol

Gary

Loving it here in Bulgaria !!...Here to help if required!!.