Car Hire, Transfers and Rail Travel
by JANE 06 Oct 2013, 15:05
We are thinking of going to Bodrum for a couple of days. Can anyone tell me where to get a bus from,and do we have to change or is there a direct one? Also any commendations on hotels? Thank you.

Jane

"Wish we were there"!
by widdowsonanne 06 Oct 2013, 16:03
Yes there was still one last week leaves Altinkum at 11am and leaves Bodrum to return at 6pm asked when they stopped running the direct service but the man did not know hope this helps

a widdowson
by jue 06 Oct 2013, 20:55
Jane we just did 4 nights in Gumbet, we got the Bodrum bus as stated at 11am from the office outside near Golf bar.Once in Bodrum just jumped on the Gumbet dolmus.I have to say the Turkish bus/coach system is just wonderfull .The direct bus back is 6 pm from Bodrum but if you want to come home earlier than that then just get on the Soke bus in Bodrum bus station and then from Soke into Altinkum.All dead straight forward............another tip go on travelrepublic and book your rooms on here, boy will you get a bargain at this time of year.We go each year same time and never pay more than about £12 max for our rooms. We found Bodrum was still very busy compared to the other resorts because it is so cosmopolitan. Have a great time, hope this wind stays away now. :) jue x
by tommie 07 Oct 2013, 07:35
jue wrote: have to say the Turkish bus/coach system is just wonderfull .The direct bus back is 6 pm from Bodrum but if you want to come home earlier than that then just get on the Soke bus in Bodrum bus station and then from Soke into Altinkum. jue x

Can you pick up the Soke-Bodrum bus at the roundabout near Ak-Yenikoy?
I'm sure they'd drop you off there.

Tom

Welcome to Didim - http://www.didim.me
by JANE 07 Oct 2013, 07:54
How long does the bus take? About 2 hours? Trying to decide whether to go to Bodrum on the ferry and bus it back??? Decisions,decisions!! That's if I manage to move myself from my sun lounger!! Thanks for info everyone.

Jane :D

"Wish we were there"!
by jue 07 Oct 2013, 08:02
The bus took 2 hours due to picking up on the way and dropping some of but a nice enough journey, jue x