Car Hire, Transfers and Rail Travel
by Pete Jones 02 Oct 2014, 19:05
Took my brother to the airport tonight and at last the new tunnell past Lake Bafa is finally open so thats another bottleneck gone,they only need to finish the bit between Akbuk and the main road where the 3 big blocks of flats are and it will be under an hour to get to the airport.
by JJH 02 Oct 2014, 20:38
Thanks for the update Pete it will certainly improve the travelling from the Airport, remember 9 yrs ago
when it was terrible travelling from the Airport the drivers used to drive on the wrong side of the road
because they were so bad it was really scary so good news.
by webb89 03 Oct 2014, 08:45
Always remember our first visit to the area was from Izmir. Very nice journey good quality roads thought this is ok.

Second visit was from Bodrum, old terminal. Aaaaaggghhh! The drive will live with me for ever. :o

I can still see the huge lorries on the wrong side of what was loosely called 'a road' bearing down on us. The majority of the 'road' was a dirt track.

It's a wonder we ever decided to buy here.
by prover 03 Oct 2014, 09:25
I remember my first road trip from Bodrum airport in 2001as well. I looked at the road, looked at the Gerry half built houses all the way to Altinkum and thought - What the F have I bought here for. Arrived at our new build in 414 sokak Camlic (a lovely road) and felt quite relieved.
by Xkibris 03 Oct 2014, 12:26
They Will probably close the other half for re-surfacing now, it could do with it !
by mwright 06 Oct 2014, 12:30
Just back from a quick week, the journey time was an hour each way so muched improved. There are still a few "hairy" parts i.e. near Akbuk but once there done it will be much better.

Mark
by Ken 06 Oct 2014, 12:39
Looking forward to seeing it again tomorrow ;)

KTBFFH
by Lyn 08 Oct 2014, 08:20
Got back from the UK last night.

Love Tours picked us up in their 17-seater mini-bus and we left Bodrum airport at 21:30. We were at the tunnels at 21:54, the Akbuk/Didim turnoff at 22:08 and the Belidiye roundabout in Didim at 22:22. Airport to Didim in 52 minutes and with a driver who drove really well, not like a maniac as the timings might suggest.

The new roads really have reduced the transfer time.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by cambo 10 Mar 2015, 20:08
Just wondering is the road any nearer completion? It was quite good in September and we are back in May.

peter and chris
by Bugsy 11 Mar 2015, 08:27
The road is still unfinished from Denikzoy round to the TOKI flats on the Bodrum/Soke Road.
However, recently they have been laying the hardcore on the other side of the road that goes past Yesiltepe, so could possibly be finished for this Summer.
There is also talk of there being some outlets put in on the road outside Yesiltepe/Sweet Horses once it is finished and the plans have been drawn up, but we will have to wait and see if anything comes of that!!
Not sure if there are any roadworks going on on the main road though, as not been to Bodrum for a couple of months.